Downtownv

Toms River Police chief takes (some) responsibility for N.J. Tik Tok personality’s car carry situation

21 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

The take-away from this interaction is prior that to June 22, 2022, anyone carrying a firearm and didn't supply active or retired law enforcement credentials was immediately arrested.  NJ police officers now have to think a bit before bringing out the handcuffs.  I hope they can handle that.  Police officers in other states have been doing this for years.

I hope the author gets the video:

'I’m seeking the bodycam and dashcam videos and audio from officer Weg and the other responding officer(s), ten minutes prior to Joe getting pulled over and through the encounter. According to Joe, Officer Weg responded to the scene as did two other officers. Only one other officer got out of their car. According to my request, the OPRA office said that, “We have reviewed your request and 2 police officers were present on scene with a total of 4 videos consisting of 51 minutes of video.”

11 minutes ago, Ferris said:

I hope  Joe retains a civil rights lawyer and  gets a nice settlement from the Town.

I doubt he will get anything because unlike us the third tier ignorance of the law is an excuse for law enforcement.

I'm not cop bashing here either. The law changes so drastically from one court date to the next how is anyone supposed to keep track?

23 minutes ago, brucin said:

I doubt he will get anything because unlike us the third tier ignorance of the law is an excuse for law enforcement.

I'm not cop bashing here either. The law changes so drastically from one court date to the next how is anyone supposed to keep track?

While any one individual wouldn't be held accountable, the town very much can be. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

I hope the author gets the video:

'I’m seeking the bodycam and dashcam videos and audio from officer Weg and the other responding officer(s), ten minutes prior to Joe getting pulled over and through the encounter. According to Joe, Officer Weg responded to the scene as did two other officers. Only one other officer got out of their car. According to my request, the OPRA office said that, “We have reviewed your request and 2 police officers were present on scene with a total of 4 videos consisting of 51 minutes of video.”

John Petrolino the Author aka NJ Gun Forum Member "ThePenPatriot " 

3 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

The take-away from this interaction is prior that to June 22, 2022, anyone carrying a firearm and didn't supply active or retired law enforcement credentials was immediately arrested.  NJ police officers now have to think a bit before bringing out the handcuffs.  I hope they can handle that.  Police officers in other states have been doing this for years.

NJ Police are brainwashed into being told how elite they were to be the only ones allowed to carry in New Jermany. It is hard to  undo this mindset as Officer Weg has demonstrated.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bennj said:

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, except some of us face imprisonment for it.

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

While any one individual wouldn't be held accountable, the town very much can be. 

Lets hope the town has to pay a steep price for improper/inept training. Perhaps that will make other municipalities take note.

• Agree 1

Of course the other redress if the town doesn't settle is to get all the footage and evidence and submit it to one of those 1a auditor channels on youtube, Expose the it all from the state down for the world to see. If the officer was lying on the reason for stop and it's an official report push to get him brady-ed..

Part of me says cut them some slack, but they failed to do that  for the citizen. The right thing, imho, for the officer would've been to explain that recent law made it illegal, assuming that was Wegs belief, and that his permit doesn't allow blah blah blah under recent law. I mean it went into effect in last few months.