silverado427

Firearm discharged @Brick Costco

20 hours ago, dino71 said:

There are many dumb asses that shlould never be allowed to own a gun......

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/us/new-york-man-found-guilty-of-murder-after-20-year-old-woman-was-shot-and-killed-when-car-turned-in-wrong-driveway/index.html

Only a coward would would do this.

Idiots, who by any rational standard should be discouraged from operating 2-1/2 ton vehicles at 70 MPH on public roadways, are not prevented from doing so, in spite of the fact that those idiots kill tens of thousands and maim untold additional numbers of people every year. Yet, so far as I am aware, there is no Constitutionally enshrined right to drive.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:24 AM, Mr.Stu said:

Thinking about it, I think the RPO in question is on dodgy ground. Costco's policy says 

• Costco policy prohibits firearms and other weapons to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law-enforcement officers.

RPO is not a law-enforcement officer any more.

Federal Judge Rules Against New Jersey and In Favor of Retired Officers In LEOSA Case

• Like 1

I believe there's nothing in the law about signage at all.   They wrote the law to default to the private property default being off limits unless a sign is up saying "guns welcomed".  With the TRO against enforcement and nothing else in the law about "no guns allowed" signage, I'd think they can ask you to leave and if you refuse then you get a citation for trespassing.  That's how I'm playing it.

• Agree 2