n4p226r

hypothetical ar-15 ban

how do these assult weapon bans work for those that own them before the ban? if there was ever to be a ban on ar-15s, and one could not afford to buy a complete rifle now, would buying a lower before the ban be enough to do if you wanted to complete the gun after the ban?

how do these assult weapon bans work for those that own them before the ban? if there was ever to be a ban on ar-15s, and one could not afford to buy a complete rifle now, would buying a lower before the ban be enough to do if you wanted to complete the gun after the ban?

When NJ bans, it bans all of something. No "pre/post". Just banned. Turn it in or sell it but you can't own it any longer.

Wow, I didn't know that. So if they decide to ban again, everyone would have to dispose of their guns? during the last ban, did they check records and go around checking to make sure they were all gone?

Wow, I didn't know that. So if they decide to ban again, everyone would have to dispose of their guns? during the last ban, did they check records and go around checking to make sure they were all gone?

During the 1990 NJAWB you could sell, surrender, or register them as inoperable. I registered three as inoperable but eventually sold them. I couldn't shoot them so why keep them was my thinking.

No checking was done ( I had 22 on the ban list ) Many kept them or took them out of State.

I Took them all to PA. and sold them.

Next time it will be worse.

You could actually register them as operable or inoperable:

NJAWR.jpg

awesome info.. i was going to say.. even as messed up as NJ is.. i couldnt imagine them literally taking your guns..

i would never surrender my firearms as i complied with all laws to purchase them...

They geve a VERY small window in which you could Register your "Assault Weapon" once that window was closed however no more were permitted to be Registered. Any AR-type after that point (Or AK, or M-1A, Ect.) had to be NJ-compliant.