Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Cabelas PA - Awesome

I just got back from Cabelas in PA and I have to say, I'm impressed again. I walked in stupidly without a shopping plan, and without researching exactly what I wanted to buy, but the guys there helped me out big time. I got a black powder rifle, powder, balls, patches, cleaning stuff, and all the other junk I needed. The one guy, I think his name tag said Kim, was awesome, it took a few tries to get the rifle I wanted, but I have to say he gave me a good 30 minutes of his time explaining everything and making sure I had everything I needed. This was awesome.

Anyone who has been there can attest to how much of a "tourist destination" Cabela's is. You have to attack it with a plan if you are going to save your self from wandering around in awe. :lol:

I guess I might have saved a few bucks by researching and buying at the rock bottom prices, but the service here today was well worth what I paid.

I didn't really get time to check out what they had in terms of ammo, I know I seen WWB 100 round boxes, a whole shelf of them, and my dad said they didn't have much in the way of powder, and no primers, but they were selling guns like it was going out of style. Very Busy, but only took a few minutes at checkout.

Well worth the 2 hour drive each way.

This weekend they appeared to have every brand of reloading die in almost every size. Didn't specifically look for 380, but I saw no blank spaces on the shelves. In fact, they had RCBS Competition dies for 223 and 308, and every dealer has been out of those for months!

I got one of these: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... tid=146913

i210045sn01.jpg

Plus all the junk to go with it :D

How was the C&R selection and prices?

Rich if your looking to go and want someone to bs with during the drive I'd be more than happy to tag along. I would offer to drive, but you probably wouldn't wanna drive in the beast for two hours compared to the smooth ride of your pimp whip.