Larain60

!@*NDL@ Cabelas.com!!

focus people focus! back on topic please.

For a guy who uses the word wanderer in his nym you certainly have no tolerance for wandering. And there are like 3 other discussions going on about the same thing.

So Cabelas wont' ship to NJ, simple, find someone who will or shock of all shocks patronize a local store!

ha ha ha The wanderer has more to do with my love of wandering around in the woods...

I should have put a smiley face after my last post. :mrgreen: I always forget what you write on the internet is taken literally. I am sorry about that. I guess I am more fired up about this than others. I feel that if we don't stop crap like this now then it will continue to get worse until there is a knock on the door from the state police who are here to collect our guns.

What local store sells reloading supplies in south NJ? Where in south NJ can you find primers IN BULK? Anyone know of a good place?

ha ha ha The wanderer has more to do with my love of wandering around in the woods...

I should have put a smiley face after my last post. :mrgreen: I always forget what you write on the internet is taken literally. I am sorry about that. I guess I am more fired up about this than others. I feel that if we don't stop crap like this now then it will continue to get worse until there is a knock on the door from the state police who are here to collect our guns.

What local store sells reloading supplies in south NJ? Where in south NJ can you find primers IN BULK? Anyone know of a good place?

Sorry Rem - taken as written without smiley - attitude corrected on my part :shock:

Do a search on the forum for Solomons - they're in Farmingdale/Howell area (not south but not north...)

DJ the problem was all mine. Yes I am fired up about this. I just got into reloading. I spent a lot of money for my setup with the hope that once primers became in stock items online that I could buy 5000 or so and keep cranking out my own ammo. I shop at cabela's a lot. The hamburg PA store is like disneyworld for me. These are the reasons I am fired up. I like cabela's but if they do not care about me as a consumer then I do not want to ever give them money again.

Howell is about an hour from where I live. I will check them out but I am spoiled with the ability to have everything I need shipped to my door.

I called Jeff back about 30 minutes ago and he is going to have someone with more details on this situation call me later this afternoon. He reiterateed that this was a policy and not a legal compliance. It would be really helpful if others called Jeff and voiced their opinion.

Perhaps something like, "Jeff, I buy a lot of items from Cabela's over the course of the year but if this policy stays in place I will get my gear from another retailer. Please reconsider. thank you" Be civil and polite. let's see where it gets us.

Cabelas will ship ammo to NJ...

A frioend got 1k of .45 1k of 9mm and 1k of .223

just a week or so ago...

+1

Cabela's online customer service rep. just indicated that there was no restriction for .45ACP.

Specifically asked by order number (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0003706214248a&navCount=6&podId=0003706&parentId=cat20837&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat20837&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20837&hasJS=true)

Of course, American Eagle is on backorder, so...

Is Cabela's that much cheaper on ammo? I've been picking up 9mm in dribs and drabs when I can find it at NJ Firearms Guild or if I make it down to Shore Shot, and other than Shore Shot's understandable markup to non-members, online prices in general don't seem to be any better than what I pay at NJFG.