charleslee

Sell Commemorative Garands for SAA???

Contemplating selling my NIB Iwo-Jima & D-Day, NIB, Commemorative Garands to a dealer & probably a Chinese Broomhandle copy or perhaps a P38 to get the $ for a 2nd. Gen. Colt SAA, NIB, 7 1/2" barrel, gorgeous case colors, mint stagecoach box, for $2500.00. W/ have to take a big loss on the garands, $800.00, but I don't have time to try to sell them privately, I'll lose out on the SAA probably. BTW, the SAA w/ be an investment pc. Not the most desirable of barrel lenghts, I know, but... What do you think???

At least the long guns you should try to sell here, you can probably get at least as much as the store would offer. In my experience, stores offer very little for "used" guns...

How could the commerative Garands be that inexpensive? You can't get a decent one for that price, let alone a special one.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up for nothing. I've decided to keep them-I worked to hard, lots of O.T. The Garands were NIB, Commemoratives. Iwo-Jima & D-Day. Pd. $1500.00 & $1600.00. A dealer offered $1100.00 each, so to clarify, the $800.00 (or so) I mentioned would have been what I would have lost, not what I would have sold them for. Only if I were about to be homeless, God forbid, would I let them go for $800.00. Anyhow, I'll get the 2nd. Gen. Colt SAA, NIB, someday, somehow. But gonna try to keep what I got. Sellers remorse, you know? Been thru it once w/ a Schmidt Rubin K-31 & had to replace it. Thank you for your help @ advice, I appreciate it!

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up for nothing. I've decided to keep them-I worked to hard, lots of O.T. The Garands were NIB, Commemoratives. Iwo-Jima & D-Day. Pd. $1500.00 & $1600.00. A dealer offered $1100.00 each, so to clarify, the $800.00 (or so) I mentioned would have been what I would have lost, not what I would have sold them for. Only if I were about to be homeless, God forbid, would I let them go for $800.00. Anyhow, I'll get the 2nd. Gen. Colt SAA, NIB, someday, somehow. But gonna try to keep what I got. Sellers remorse, you know? Been thru it once w/ a Schmidt Rubin K-31 & had to replace it. Thank you for your help @ advice, I appreciate it!

Great. Now shut up and post some pictures of those beauties!!! :lol:

A dealer offered $1100.00 each

Given that decent Garands are between $900 and $1100 depending on barrel, etc, I would guess that you could sell these for at least what you paid for them in the retail market. The prices on these rifles most likely stayed the same or went up, not down by 40%!