BMWR12

CMP Garand

Do I have to join a club

Not necessarily a club. Follow the link and read the instructions. they are very clear about the requirements. From submission to delivery takes several months. My last one took five months.

As others have said just follow the link and fill in the blanks.

The club requirement can also be met if you are active duty, reserves, or national guard, VFW, American Legion, etc. The most common route most guys seem to follow who have a hard time meeting this requirement is joining the Garand Collector's Association for $25 a year.

The first time I sent my stuff to CMP I sent them everything as I had multiple ways to meet the requirements. After really learning what's required and accepted all I sent them to renew my elgibility (required every 2 or 3 years can't remember which) is my military ID card which serves as proof of citizenship (commissioned officer), firearms training, date of birth, club affliation (USAR), and my NJ FID.

through the DCM

Your dating yourself. I remember when the back cover of the American Rifleman had military surplus items half that amount.

Even better was Navy Arm's store in Bergen County. The back room had rack of them for sale and the front had all the surplus handguns on display.