sparny524

.308/7.62x51

A Savage bolt action I'll assume? Brown Bear is sub-par bolt action ammo.

Buy 100 new pieces of brass and 100 bullets of your choice and I'll put them together for you for what the primers and powder cost me.

I like Winchester brass and Sierra #2200 168 grain HPBT bullets myself.

Buy 100 new pieces of brass and 100 bullets of your choice and I'll put them together for you for what the primers and powder cost me.

That would be awesome! I figured the lacquer coated stuff is sub-par, but can you suggest any place I can pick those items up from in NJ? trying to avoid mail order, any idea how much the approx total cost would be? Thanks again Mauser!

That would be awesome! I figured the lacquer coated stuff is sub-par, but can you suggest any place I can pick those items up from in NJ? trying to avoid mail order, any idea how much the approx total cost would be? Thanks again Mauser!

Salomon's in Farmingdale is the only place I can think of other then Midway or Natchez.

NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway usually has a good selection of components.

.308 is not the same as 7.62x51. True, the dimentions are the same, but the wall thickness

is different from each other. Stick to commercial rounds for the Savage, and leave the surplus to the older guns, especially the old surplus.

I know 7.62x51 is NOT .308... I have ran both through my Savage and am pleased with both rounds. Thats why I titled the thread ".308/7.62x51"