Dwarven1

What guns can a non-resident bring to NJ while visiting?

Aside from helping me to devise a "visit my NJ relatives gun strategy", this thread is bringing back memories of my girlfriend from Elizabeth, and my long-gone Italian relatives in Teaneck.

Interesting case, coldsolderjoint. So, did Mr. Revell amend his complaint or drop it? Did the P.A. settle with him?

Did the N.J. police agencies learn anything from the case?

OK. Hollowpoints will stay home.

So, if I leave my firearms at my relative's house while out and about, this is OK, correct?

If I leave my firearms in my hotel room safe, this is OK, correct?

I'd hate to have to call the SP to get an answer. ;)

Aside from helping me to devise a "visit my NJ relatives gun strategy", this thread is bringing back memories of my girlfriend from Elizabeth, and my long-gone Italian relatives in Teaneck.

Interesting case, coldsolderjoint. So, did Mr. Revell amend his complaint or drop it? Did the P.A. settle with him?

I'm pretty sure they dropped the charges and he got a settlement because they messed up.

Did the N.J. police agencies learn anything from the case?

I can't answer this. On a side note: I've heard stories floating about my gun club about a competition IPSC shooter who had hollowpoints and high-cap mags at Newark airport. The P.A. arrested him for the Hollow Points and forgot about the magazines (which were illegal).

So, if I leave my firearms at my relative's house while out and about, this is OK, correct?

If I leave my firearms in my hotel room safe, this is OK, correct?

I can't answer this either. This is the answer to what you are looking for. The best we can tell, it's a gray area.

http://www.websupp.org/data/DNJ/2:06-cv ... 38-DNJ.pdf

competition IPSC shooter who had hollow-points and high-cap mags

He was not a competitor but was traveling through the state. The charges were dropped but due to a screw up by his attorney, his case went no further.

As of April 09 the courts denied the case and sent it back for corrections in [list=]ne

plaintiffs lack of standing.

Ok my response may not be considered helpful at all....BUT

I WOULD NOT BRING ANYTHING INTO THIS GOD FORESAKEN STATE AS FAR AS FIREARMS go....*if* i was an out of state resi.

I really gotta agree here...Laws are one thing, but many of NJ's finest are clueless when it comes to the actual ins and outs of out of state related laws, and even many of our own.

On a side note....you fat bastids!!!! Another thread takes a turn towards food!!!! :D

http://www.websupp.org/data/DNJ/2:06-cv-00402-38-DNJ.pdf

competition IPSC shooter who had hollow-points and high-cap mags

He was not a competitor but was traveling through the state. The charges were dropped but due to a screw up by his attorney, his case went no further.

As of April 09 the courts denied the case and sent it back for corrections in [list=]ne

plaintiffs lack of standing.

Nah rscalzo, I wasn't confusing Revell. I heard about another guy who was heading to a competition at the gun club, it may very well be just a rumor.