Sign in to follow this  
djg0770

new (to me) shottie

I've heard disparaging things about polychokes - however, I got this for about as much as one of the guys on here paid for that single shot that they cut up, and the firing pin put a nice dent in my index finger so I assume it'll go boom.

It's hard to find barrels for my Ithaca 37 so this being essential a Mossy 500 I figured if I want a rifled barrel or whatever...

Good to hear about the variable choke.

I field stripped it last night - very easy. Watched about 30 seconds of a Youtube video at work and did it by memory and common sense last night. It wasn't even that dirty.

I have to say that there is a certain charm to an already beat up gun. You're not afraid to ding it more, wear off more finish, shoot it, carry it in the rain and mud, etc.

I'm still keeping my eye out for a 20 ga autoloader for my daughter, but this was just such a good deal.

Some deals you just can't say no to. I'll keep an eye out for a 20 for her as well.

I keep trolling gunbroker, but nothing less than $300 right now.

I would prefer to find her a Remington 1100 lightweight. I've looked at Mossberg Int'l SA-20, #75770 24" long - any opinions?

Christmas and birthday aren't too far off.

Some deals you just can't say no to. I'll keep an eye out for a 20 for her as well.

I keep trolling gunbroker, but nothing less than $300 right now.

I would prefer to find her a Remington 1100 lightweight. I've looked at Mossberg Int'l SA-20, #75770 24" long - any opinions?

Christmas and birthday aren't too far off.

Last time I was in Silver Bullet, I saw a Charles Daly 20 ga. youth semi. I don't know anything about it, but it seemed like a nice gun. Very lightweight with a really smooth and easy action. $349 IIRC, but it may have been less. I'm thinking of it for Lynn. I feel bad shooting trap and either she gets to watch, or worse yet, stay home while I'm out at the range.