Sign in to follow this  
Wolfy

Zero vs Berry's

I have shot the Berry's and they work well. Being that they are plated with a thin covering of copper, you need to keep them at cast bullet velocities.

I have heard good things about Zero but never shot them. According to their website they are jacketed so you can fire at higher velocities. A picture of the 38 125 JHP shows a cannalure, so they are thicker jackets.

Used to use Zeros all the time until there price went up, I then switched over to Montana Gold but there price went way up also. I have tried Berry but only in .45 acp. They were fine but that is only 700 fps. The zeros we use in 38 super race guns and they were fine at 1400 fps.

Try these. Outstanding quality.

http://www.goldenwestbrass.com/

I have used Precision Delta for .40 S&W and .45 ACP FMJ's. They are very good quality bullets. 1000 .40 S&W including shipping cost $106.00. This is a very good price. They even called me with a lead time to ship and beat it by a week. I waited about 2 - 3 weeks.

http://www.precisiondelta.com/product.php

I use S&S casting for lead bullets. Very good price and extremely fast shipping. Only a few days.

I have used plenty of Zero 125 FMJ FP's, Zero 147 JHP's in my G19

I just recently went through about 3500 Montana Gold 124 CMJ's as well.

Now I have been using Berry's 124 FP's.

Liked the Zero FMJFP the best...been on backorder since about June.

The MG's skyrocketed in price.

Tried Berry's because they were in stock & the price was right to experiment with. So far...I like the Berry's. But will get MORE of the Zeros when they come in.

JM2C

I have been using Berrys for a while now. And they are great I only have bought the double struck ones. You can push them pretty fast and they obviously work better with some powders better than others, just don't push them at magnum speeds cause you will get leading in the barrel and jacket separation. I load .38 and +P, 9mm, .40 and I have made .357 magnum and some .380 never had an issue.