Sign in to follow this  
bbk

Armageddon Week on History

Armageddon Week starts this upcoming Sunday, 3 Jan, on History Channel at 8PM. [source info: http://www.history.com/content/armageddon]

The information that will be shared is pretty interesting as they'll be discussing how different cultures and religions view the "end of the world." From the commercials, there will be shows revolving around survival-ish themes... I remember one that showed how the aftermath of an apocalyptic event might be (I don't know if it will be dramatization or reality series-type [like The Colony]), and another being a show on apocalyptic survival techniques.

I know this is just History Channel trying to make some money over the apocalypse craze that has caught wind in the past couple of months. However, I think it'll be interesting to see how an instrument of mass media portrays a topic that is covered more by the "fringe."

Personally, as an aspiring anthropologist, I find the Armageddon [and Creation] mythos of different cultures and religions to be quite fascinating. And this is probably the main reason why I'll be tuning in.

I caught a show last night since my TV is always on History Channel. I think it was about Nostradamus predicting 2012 but I passed out in the middle around 1:30am. It was new so I liked watching it since a lot of the H channel shows are re-run several dozen times per year.