DirtyDigz

What's a good adhesive for pressure switches?

I've got a light/laser combo unit with a remote pressure switch on one of my long guns. The adhesive on the velcro patch that holds the pressure switch on the gun has let go several times so I need to replace it with something stronger. It's a smooth polymer surface that the patch goes on.

Any suggestions? Would like something that holds indefinitely but can still be removed/cleaned from the gun body if I later decide to move the switch or take it off the gun entirely.

The pros tend to use cable ties, which are stronger than anything. If you get a pair of flush cutters, you can trim the extra piece so that there is no sharp end. I have a pair of flush cutters that only gets used for cable ties (but then again, that's what we use to hold the race cars together).

Another suggestion, which, again, is somewhat dependent on your particular application, is using a bicycle tire inner tube to hold the switch in place. This seems to work particularly well if the switch is mounted to a vertical foregrip, altho I think I have seen it done on standard m4 handguards as well.