Radek

FFL licenses and additional NJ permits?

At this and other forums, I have read that an FFL license holder must also get some type of permit issued by NJ. I can't locate the thread here ...

Does this requirement (additional NJ permit) apply to some or all types of FFL licenses?

Any links w/ info would be appreciated.

Try here...

http://www.njsp.org/info/forms.html#firearms

I'm pretty sure that they are going to want a letter from your town stating that you are zoned to operate a retail business from your location. Unless the situation has changed, they don't "recognize" 03 FFLs either. You might want to call the appropriate branch of the NJSP to get current information.

Thanks for your responses.

So, in this order?

1. Zoning check with town, safe and alarm at premises. I am assuming this should be checked with local PD ... any other requirements from town? Anyone know someone at PD in Woodbridge?

2. Then apply to NJSP for state license

3. Then apply for FFL

So, in this order?

1. Zoning check with town, safe and alarm at premises. I am assuming this should be checked with local PD ... any other requirements from town? Anyone know someone at PD in Woodbridge?

3. Then apply for FFL

Should we be expecting a new supporting vendor? :whistle:

So, in this order?

3. Then apply for FFL

Yes

#4 a prayer.

If you plan on doing this out of your home, good luck it's something that rarely happens

anymore in NJ, if your location is any where near a school, or church you also beat.

So, in this order?

3. Then apply for FFL

Yes

#4 a prayer.

If you plan on doing this out of your home, good luck it's something that rarely happens

anymore in NJ, if your location is any where near a school, or church you also beat.

So #1 is the primary hurdle? Is this anecdotal opinion, or is this surmising ... having to jump through hoops like dealing with any bureaucracy?

Seems like Catch 22! One can't go secure stand-alone premises (buy/lease) without first making sure the permits are likely to be had ... though, with so many business shuttered in NJ, it will not be hard to find premises on the cheap.

Given the number of hoops here, I agree #4 will be needed :lol:

From all that I have looked into in the past yes for me it would have never happen out of my Home.

The you would have to rent a facility install all your security as stated above then get inspected and approval

by the state, if they deny you then you just wasted some serious time and cash. This is why I am buying land

and a home in PA this winter/spring and am starting the great migrate the hell out of here. If you have a more

friendly township maybe it will be different for you if you plan to do it from home.