Sign in to follow this  
TonyJ

Crow hunting in NJ

Tony,

I used to go out to my town dump to hunt crows years ago. We made cardboard silhouette decoys, put the on the ground with a couple slices of bread, hid in the edge of the woods with a crow call, it drove them crazy.

Tj, sounds like a lot of fun, Not for the crows of course.

Tony, I hunt a bit, and crows are pretty easy to call in with some decoys and some food lying around.

They will just land in the trees, and you take them from there if you like.

Pretty easy hunting in my humble opinion.

Today, I was at thunder mountain shooting skeet, and there were 8 deer just playing around about 100 yards from where we were shooting....animals are funny...

Where I live (3 years) a flock of big ass crows will drop in from time to time. They are completely silent. If they see me they are gone. I think that means a lot of people are trying to kill them off and they try to keep a low profile.

When they come to my property they eat bugs and stuff like crazy. So I keep quiet and watch them discretely.

If they were CAWing or eating my corn (I don't have corn) I would blast the shit out of them. But they just come and eat my bugs. They are pretty creatures when they are not noisy or destructive.