NJ609

Wow, best purchase ever....

So I went to the Bullet Hole this morning. Brought the newly built AR Carbine and put about 200 rounds through it. Yeah I know, 25 yards isn't far but I wanted to give it a big burn in to make sure everything jived.

I LOVE THIS GUN. Seriously. It's the most fun I've ever had with any firearm that I've ever bought.

I think a lot of it is because I built so much of it myself and it wasn't just something I picked up at a store.

Really looking forward to going to a 100 or 200 yd range now!

go to cherry ridge while theres still snow on the ground during the week, and youll be the only one there

I'd love to but it's 70 miles away. :(

I'm going to try to get together with some folks here for a Ft. Dix trip soon. Hopefully that will work out.

That's great, glad you are enjoying it! There is definitely something different about making your own vs. store bought.

Are you available during the week for Ft. Dix? A few of us have been going on Wednesdays.

Yeah I was talking to Mak. I want to meet up with you guys for sure. First to meet some of you all and also to see if FD is a place I want to shoot my other rifles. I have not used my 30'06, .300 WM or .22-250 in like a decade and they are saaaaaaaaaaad. :(

I was going to reach out to you guys around the end of March to see if I can join in the fun one afternoon. What time do you usually go?

We have been going around 2pm. Going to be 50 degrees this Wednesday so a few of us are heading over.

Can't do the next few weeks but towards April, I'm going to try to make some time. That's difficult though since I'd have to take a day off of work.

You ever go on Fridays?

what is the procedure for being able to shoot at ft dix and what costs are involved?

thanks..

They are not open on Fridays during the winter but as soon as they do, we will be there!

I get ever other Friday off (as long as things are not insane at work) so I'm 10000% down with that!

Where do you work?

It costs $60.00 a YEAR for membership, then they charge $3.00 an hour to shoot. Any member can bring up to 3 guests with him and they each pay $3.00 an hour.

If you want to shoot Trap or Skeet, I believe it is $3.00 a round, per person and they supply the clays.

It is a nice place and a good deal for someone on a budget.