peicefrog

Right to Carry New Jersey

Assemblymen and women from Hunterdon County and a few others have sposored a bill ( A 1384) that will allow law abiding NJ citizens to carry a handgun. The next step is for District 35 Senator John Girgenti (who is no friend to gun owners) to decide if this bill will go up for a vote. We need to call his office, write letters, and email his office and urge him to put this bill up for vote. Enough pressure and he will do it! Let our voices be heard. Spread the word.

There is a petition going online @ http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Concealedcarrynj

Please sign it and pass it on!!!

There is also most likely petitions at your local sport or gun shop. I'm trying to reach as far as I can accross NJ.

If there is not, START ONE!

Send petitions, letters, e mails, and phone calls to:

Senator John Gergenti @

[email protected]

507 Lafayette Ave

Hawthorne, NJ 07506

973-427-1229

Thank You for your support!

We've been :deadhorse: about the second amendment, but these politicians don't seem to care. Maybe we should show them the possible financial benefits of the bill.

This may sound crazy, but I am willing to go through the same firearms training officers go through. Hell, I'd even pay for the class. I'm willing to qualify every 6 months (and pay for it), just like officers. I'm willing to pay for license and renewal fees, even if they make me renew every year. Even if the license costs $100 every year, i would pay. I wonder if many of you would be willing to jump through the same hoops. This state would make a killing just in licenses and fees. What do you guys (and gals) think?

We've been :deadhorse: about the second amendment, but these politicians don't seem to care. Maybe we should show them the possible financial benefits of the bill.

This may sound crazy, but I am willing to go through the same firearms training officers go through. Hell, I'd even pay for the class. I'm willing to qualify every 6 months (and pay for it), just like officers. I'm willing to pay for license and renewal fees, even if they make me renew every year. Even if the license costs $100 every year, i would pay. I wonder if many of you would be willing to jump through the same hoops. This state would make a killing just in licenses and fees. What do you guys (and gals) think?

no... police officers qualify as often as they do because they live a life where having to draw the weapon they carry is FAR more likely... if you give the inch that you are offering.. they will take a mile and agree with you.. then decide the class is $500 then the license is $100 and you must also buy a certain "insurance policy" (additionally known as more government fees), to the point that the only people who could afford to carry are the ultra rich upper class..

if you give the inch that you are offering.. they will take a mile and agree with you.. then decide the class is $500 then the license is $100 and you must also buy a certain "insurance policy" (additionally known as more government fees), to the point that the only people who could afford to carry are the ultra rich upper class..

not necessarily. they gotta find the sweet spot. let's say $600/yr for everything. Now that's a price point that's reasonable. At least they give you the chance to decide whether it's worth it to invest $50/mo for your own and your family's safety. Some will say screw it, some will go get it, and some will say it's too expensive and lobby for reduced prices. You could be thinking "that's stupid, why do I have to pay for rights to bear arms?" I know it's terrible, but at least you have the option. Because as it is right now, we have no other option except to become an officer.

The bottom line is we really need to pour money into this to get something passed, because the way we're doing it right now (calling reps and bitching) is not working. We've been trying for years and it falls on deaf ears because we have no money to back it up.

Sorry..... I am NOT going to pay that kind of money to carry in this state...... especially when other states charge me only around $100 every 5-7 years for their CCW.....

..... we already get raped on our property taxes for the glorious right to live in this state, we should not feel its OK to get overcharged for something else.... :deadhorse:

I hear ya on the bringing to their attention the financial benefit of passing this bill. Also I agree gutwrenching thought of paying for another thing in this state thats simply a god given right. But it may be a good selling point considering all these assholes care about is money and re election.

no... police officers qualify as often as they do because they live a life where having to draw the weapon they carry is FAR more likely... if you give the inch that you are offering.. they will take a mile and agree with you.. then decide the class is $500 then the license is $100 and you must also buy a certain "insurance policy" (additionally known as more government fees), to the point that the only people who could afford to carry are the ultra rich upper class..

Damage, Police agencies qualify for the most part the MINIMUM that the AG guidelines force them to. While there are some agencies in Nj that take "Training" seriously (Over merely "Qualifying") they are in the minority...also many agencies discourage (in some cases VERY vigorously, by forbidding officers to shoot their service weapon off-duty, or without specific authorization) any shooting or training outside that (Inadequate though it is) provided by the departments. If the AG reduced the Minimums tomorrow, the majority of departments in this state would drop their programs to match ASAP.

NJ permit process is long, state police take forever, and it costs quite a bit of money. I held an NJ carry permit for 2 years, it takes nearly 6 months and between state fees and qualifying cost, comes out to nearly $200, and a year and a half later you have to do it all over again. It was quite a shock getting a PA LTCF for $26 total and within 10 days of mailing.

NJ permit process is long, state police take forever, and it costs quite a bit of money. I held an NJ carry permit for 2 years, it takes nearly 6 months and between state fees and qualifying cost, comes out to nearly $200, and a year and a half later you have to do it all over again. It was quite a shock getting a PA LTCF for $26 total and within 10 days of mailing.

Something tells me there are a few details missing here. And $200 to carry in NJ would be menial at worst.

Something tells me there are a few details missing here. And $200 to carry in NJ would be menial at worst.

The problem isnt the fees, the PROBLEM lies in the political hoops you have to jump through to get it, with anyoen at any stage of the process being able to deny you. Funny thing is that LEOSA says I can carry anywhere in the country once I retire, as long as I Qualify and have an ID from my Department that says i'm "Retired" yet the Syaye says i cant carry here when im retired without Jumping through the state CC permit process. NJ does everything it can to discourage people from owning, carrying, and enjoying firearms by making the process as laborious as possible.

Amusing fictional scenario:

The states that have passed "firearms freedom" laws will go to court. The laws may be rendered void on the argument that federal laws trump state laws regarding firearms. All the way up to SCOTUS, and the laws are thrown out.

Jump to NJ and LEOSA

A suit is filed in NJ, stating that SCOTUS has decided against the states, stating that federal law trumps state law regarding firearms regulations. Does the NJ AWB and the restrictions on retired LEOs just disappear, or will the laws be cherry picked so that the most onerous of them, whether they be state or federal, are allowed to stand?

Interesting times indeed.

The problem isnt the fees, the PROBLEM lies in the political hoops you have to jump through to get it, with anyoen at any stage of the process being able to deny you. Funny thing is that LEOSA says I can carry anywhere in the country once I retire, as long as I Qualify and have an ID from my Department that says i'm "Retired" yet the Syaye says i cant carry here when im retired without Jumping through the state CC permit process. NJ does everything it can to discourage people from owning, carrying, and enjoying firearms by making the process as laborious as possible.

Interesting. Then one must wonder...what are the most common criteria for CCW acceptance here then?

I was told one could be obtained for taking business funds to the bank or other specific situations. Any truth to this? Any other, more viable options to pursue perhaps?

Then one must wonder...what are the most common criteria for CCW acceptance here then?

I was told one could be obtained for taking business funds to the bank or other specific situations. Any truth to this? Any other, more viable options to pursue perhaps?

From what I understand, you have to be very well connected, very rich, be a LEO, or an armored truck driver. I've heard of judges and municipal prosecutors being denied CCWs. From what I hear, they can put ridiculous restrictions on the permit, where it's not really a full concealed carry anywhere in the state thing...But what do I know, I've never met a civilian in jersey who had one. LOL

A bird also told me that if you TRY to apply for one and get denied once, you will get denied over and over again when you reapply.

Then one must wonder...what are the most common criteria for CCW acceptance here then?

From what I understand, you have to be very well connected, very rich, be a LEO, or an armored truck driver. I've heard of judges and municipal prosecutors being denied CCWs. From what I hear, they can put ridiculous restrictions on the permit, where it's not really a full concealed carry anywhere in the state thing...But what do I know, I've never met a civilian in jersey who had one. LOL

A bird also told me that if you TRY to apply for one and get denied once, you will get denied over and over again when you reapply.

I was told something similar, not to apply at all cause once denied it puts a negative stamp on your gun credit statement. I hate this state and it's stupid laws, I need to move, maybe look up a state that practices common sense laws.

Astounding. Unjust redundancy is hard to fathom here in this great state.

Must be a freak situation, no need for alarm. I am sure I can get one if I want to.

:?

Interesting. Then one must wonder...what are the most common criteria for CCW acceptance here then?

There arent any..it's completely subjective and up to a Superior Court Judge to determine if your "Need" is sufficient to issue the permit. MOST judges are loathe to do so. I've known people who travel with literally millions of dollars in diamonds on their person who were denied.

when I first went down to apply, I put down for a carry permit at the Howell PD and I got this look :shock: from the clerk at the desk. I thought I needed it to carry it from home to the range, it was quite funny and on the other hand quite scary at the time.

There arent any..it's completely subjective and up to a Superior Court Judge to determine if your "Need" is sufficient to issue the permit. MOST judges are loathe to do so. I've known people who travel with literally millions of dollars in diamonds on their person who were denied.

That sounds very much like and also reminds me of a conversation I had with someone deep in the know years ago. Forgot the specific details until I read the above, thank-you.

Oddly enough I was making large color copies of maps in a FedEx/Kinkos about a year ago in neighboring Mt. Laurel when an elderly man walked in open-carrying. Casual clothing, no apparel or accompanying gear indicating any fed/LEO position. Just jeans and a button-up shirt if I recall, with what appeared to be a .38 snub or the like clipped to his pants.

He was shipping a few boxes somewhere, nothing more. I just have to imagine the contents of those mid-sized boxes were rather important. Either that or the guy just says F-it and walks around with his gun, but I doubt it. He seemed to know what he was doing and had no reservations about anyone watching him.

As a lifelong resident at 40 years old, I can't recall seeing anything quite like it. Any guesses as to what or who he may have been?

That sounds very much like and also reminds me of a conversation I had with someone deep in the know years ago. Forgot the specific details until I read the above, thank-you.

Oddly enough I was making large color copies of maps in a FedEx/Kinkos about a year ago in neighboring Mt. Laurel when an elderly man walked in open-carrying. Casual clothing, no apparel or accompanying gear indicating any fed/LEO position. Just jeans and a button-up shirt if I recall, with what appeared to be a .38 snub or the like clipped to his pants.

He was shipping a few boxes somewhere, nothing more. I just have to imagine the contents of those mid-sized boxes were rather important. Either that or the guy just says F-it and walks around with his gun, but I doubt it. He seemed to know what he was doing and had no reservations about anyone watching him.

As a lifelong resident at 40 years old, I can't recall seeing anything quite like it. Any guesses as to what or who he may have been?

HOW "Elderly"??? Could have been retired, Other than that i dont really know.

I would assume his age to be about 65-70. No big deal though, didn't mean to specifically direct the question at you. But your knowledgeable input is surely appreciated.

Just seemed especially odd because it was such a casual open carry.

I would assume his age to be about 65-70. No big deal though, didn't mean to specifically direct the question at you. But your knowledgeable input is surely appreciated.

Just seemed especially odd because it was such a casual open carry.

Dont know, Sorry.