Regulator72

Ammo prices local & online

Where is everyone buying ammo from, either online or locally? I'm constantly checking prices on .45 ACP and 9mm, and the best pricing i've been able to find has been either Natchez, or cabelas (cabelas when shipping is free or 5 bucks)

Looking on Gunbroker.com seems like a waste of time, as the typical asking/starting prices are at or above the two places I mentioned. I always check ammoengine and the other site, but it seems like you have to hunt around quite a bit for decent pricing..

any other good sources? (besides, midway, and the other more know places..)

I plan on hitting walmart in PA next week, as i've heard they have great pricing, but sometimes selection limited.

We are over in PA at least once a week. I ALWAYS call the Walmarts and see if they have anything in stock then stop by if they do. Last several times there has been NOTHING! No .223, 9MM, .40,.45,.380, .357 or .38 of any sort. Just some .22LR and .308.

When I was at Butch's on Tuesday he mentioned that ammo will be tougher to get this year than last year.... anyone else know if this is true? It seems about as spotty as it did last year. However, in the summer it seemed much more available.

In the last month, I have hit 4 walmarts and a dicks in PA.

Two were in the Allentown area after the gun show and they had 9mm but it was imported and $16.97 a box. They had .40 180gr and I got that for $13.97 which wasn't that bad in my opinion. Best price relatively locally I have found. Across from the Walmart was a Dicks who had 9mm for $12.98 a box plus $15 off for joining some Dicks fan club. All in all taxes etc.. I was at $11.50 a box otd.

The other two were around the Pocono's area Saturday after I saw you at the range. I picked up some more .40 for the same price.

When are you going to PA? Saturday after the range?

In the last month, I have hit 4 walmarts and a dicks in PA.

Two were in the Allentown area after the gun show and they had 9mm but it was imported and $16.97 a box. They had .40 180gr and I got that for $13.97 which wasn't that bad in my opinion. Best price relatively locally I have found. Across from the Walmart was a Dicks who had 9mm for $12.98 a box plus $15 off for joining some Dicks fan club. All in all taxes etc.. I was at $11.50 a box otd.

The other two were around the Pocono's area Saturday after I saw you at the range. I picked up some more .40 for the same price.

When are you going to PA? Saturday after the range?

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm stupid, we are going to PA next weekend, not this weekend..I was looking to stop at walmart in Easton on the way to see some family..

I'll be there Sat am, i think we are going like 8:15.. it's nice when it's not packed..

Wow, .37 round is pretty good, best i have found was Natchez @ .46 round (that's with shipping and everything, delivered) for Magtech 45 acp 230 FMJ, i just ordered from Aimsurplus last night, Winchester 45 acp 230 FMJ for .43 round delivered.

Good luck in PA.

Bristol - Even the guy who handles the key to the ammo case said he was surprised anything was still there. Walked out with 2 .40cal boxes of Remington UMC.

Tullytown - One good thing you don't have to wait to see what is not there as you can see the empty shelves where the handgun ammo is never at. When I was there last time the best I could find was one 9mm box of WWB hollow point. Cheap hollow point but I felt like I found a gold mine. LOL

Wow, .37 round is pretty good, best i have found was Natchez @ .46 round (that's with shipping and everything, delivered) for Magtech 45 acp 230 FMJ, i just ordered from Aimsurplus last night, Winchester 45 acp 230 FMJ for .43 round delivered.

Try Gun deals click on the last column(Total cost per round) that puts the cheapest price first.Prices are a little high at the moment due to major sellers not having stock so only the higher priced guys are left at the moment.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.45+ACP