lexcruiser

May be a strange request but...

... Anyone have a forend nut wrench they can let me borrow? :mrgreen:

Just picked up my Mossberg 590A1 yesterday (love it!). Swapped the stock out to the Hogue 12" stock but cannot for the life of me get the forend nut off to slide off the factory forend to put the Hogue forend on.

I tried using an allen wrench to span the gaps to unscrew it that way, but it is on there good. My fingers are raw from trying to turn it.. :(

Anyway, if anyone is in the Somerset area and has one, let me know. I can even bring my forend with me if you can meet up! I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'd like to avoid buying something I'd only use once...

Anyway, just a thought... thanks in advance!

... Anyone have a forend nut wrench they can let me borrow? :mrgreen:

Just picked up my Mossberg 590A1 yesterday (love it!). Swapped the stock out to the Hogue 12" stock but cannot for the life of me get the forend nut off to slide off the factory forend to put the Hogue forend on.

I tried using an allen wrench to span the gaps to unscrew it that way, but it is on there good. My fingers are raw from trying to turn it.. :(

Anyway, if anyone is in the Somerset area and has one, let me know. I can even bring my forend with me if you can meet up! I don't mean to sound cheap, but I'd like to avoid buying something I'd only use once...

Anyway, just a thought... thanks in advance!

Its an awesome gun, but I would recommend buying the wrench so you have it for the future. One thing with guns is you will need tools....

whats the tool look like. i dont have the specific one, but ive got nearly every other hand tool you can think of.

643889.jpg

This is similar to what the actual forend NUT (not the wrench) looks like... The tool would basically fit into those two notches and provide enough leverage to loosen and unscrew it.

I've tried using an allen key to span across the notches and turn it that way, but theres not enough leverage; that suckers on there tight..!

Any ideas?

I have a forend wrench for a Win 1300 that supposed to work for a Mossberg 500 as well.....

I'm in South Jersey but will lend it to you via mail if you'd like... You'll only need it for the 5 sec to take off the cap, and the 5 sec to tighten it back up after the swap.

MidwayUSA carries the wrench for the 590 I think.

Let me know.

I don't know the size of the part you're trying to loosen, but it looks like the same design as the chokes on my Mossberg 500. Would a Mossy choke wrench work?

Hey guys.. Thanks for the tips and offers to help.

Sincerely appreciate it...! I'm not sure what the size is, but the diameter is definitely bigger than the diameter of the barrel. Would the choke wrench work in that case?

Proactive, I'll send you an email...! :dance:

I don't know the size of the part you're trying to loosen, but it looks like the same design as the chokes on my Mossberg 500. Would a Mossy choke wrench work?

Hey guys.. Thanks for the tips and offers to help.

Sincerely appreciate it...! I'm not sure what the size is, but the diameter is definitely bigger than the diameter of the barrel. Would the choke wrench work in that case?

Proactive, I'll send you an email...! :dance:

I could drop mine in the mail to you and you could see if it works. Just mail it back to me when you're done. PM me if you're interested.

First off, thanks again for all the tips, offers and advice.. But I totally McGuyver'ed it tonite.

Found an old cabinet hinge that actually worked PERFECTLY.. HAHA! :mrgreen: Took all of 10 seconds to loosen and remove the forend nut! :dance:

Check out the pics...

wrench1-1.jpg

wrench2-1.jpg

wrench3-1.jpg

Pretty ingenious if I do say so myself..!!! :lol: