Sign in to follow this  
Lifeguard

Gov Chris Christie - Is this guy anti-gun?

I think we weren't sure about Christie until the election; now it's pretty clear. The anti-CMP move is one of the clearest indications of a strong anti-gun agenda we've seen. Seriously, they're worried about M1 Garands getting shipped to people who have to provide notarized documentation?

On the other hand Obama has a higher NRA rating than Bush at this point. If Obama actually has an anti-gun agenda it will probably come out if he has a second term. I'm not convinced that small arms treaty is an actual anti-gun move, but I guess we'll find out if the unlikely happens and it gets ratified.

I've been really disapointed with Chris Christie, I like many of the moves he's made but he has largely ignored gun legislation that would greatly help NJ gun owners. My feeling is he will continue to do so.

Obama is too slick, he'll give a little here so he can take more over there later. I'm glad for his early pro-gun moves, would like to see more.

I too am disappointed with Christie, I voted for him, and I thought at least we would get ignored...but it seems with the AG Paula Dow, (ANTI GUN) and the strong stance against the one gun lawsuit, and the refusal to repeal it, and the CMP issue, and the one gun a month JOKE exemptions...and couple that with lazy NJ gun owners who cant organize enough people to be in one place at one time to have enough of a share of the 'voice pie' that is served in trenton...

im sure half of us voted for Lonegan during the republican nominations. I know the gun shops were supportive of him, and I seen members wearing NRA gear at one of Lonegan's BBQ's I went to.

The BBQ I went to, had a great time, good food and good beer, speakers were great.

Christie is shaking stuff up but I don't think he'll do anything supportive of the 2nd ammendment. Maybe if the state shows improvement spending wise he might try something else but he's better then the other gentlemen we had.

Christie is shaking stuff up but I don't think he'll do anything supportive of the 2nd ammendment. Maybe if the state shows improvement spending wise he might try something else but he's better then the other gentlemen we had.

Exactly. I like everyone else here, want changes in our gun laws more than anything. Unfortunately, he needs to put all of his attention to our budget, and so far, i applaud him for that.

Christie's political capital is limited to endeavors which are geared toward cutting spending, and lowering the tax burden on the citizenry.

If you want to see firearms law passed, pair it up with a liberal agenda... like a Gay and Gun marriage bill that allows for Gay marriage at the expense of some state gun laws.

A few weeks back he was on 101.5 and a caller posed several 2A reform related questions to him including potential income from LTC permits, OGAM repeal and the like. He claimed to be supportive of the "sportsmen" in this state and said that if a repeal of OGAM came under his desk, he would absolutely sign it. Don't recall if he addressed the other issues posed to him.