Sign in to follow this  
Blcklightning

Forks of the Del. Hist. Arms Society -The Allentown Gun Show

The Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society (The Allentown Gun Show)

http://www.allentownshow.net/gunshow_schedule.htm

MAY SHOW (May 8 & 9) Air Conditioned, if needed

Friday May 7 - Entry for Table Holders and Life Members at 2:00 P.M.

No Public or Annual Members admitted on Fridays.

Saturday May 8- Entry for Table Holders and Life Members at 8:00 A.M.

Entry for Annual Members at 8:30 A.M.

Opens to the public at 9:00 A.M. Non Members $7.00 Donation

Closes at 5 PM - No new entries after 4 PM

Sunday May 9 - Entry for Table Holders and all Club Members at 8:00 A.M.

Opens to the public at 9.00 A.M. Non Members $7.00 Donation

Closes at 2 PM - No new entries after 1 PM

Ladies: In appreciation of Mother's Day, women of all ages enter free on Sunday, May 9th.

Agri-plex, Allentown Fairgrounds

17th Street & Chew Street

Allentown, PA 18104

You can expect to see almost anything at our show. From muskets to legal machine guns, military accoutrements, items of foreign historical interest, commercial firearms, gun cleaning equipment, optics, ...the list is endless.
All tables holders are kept to the same standards that relate to firearms, military history and shooting. You will not find Beanie Babies, Barbie Dolls, Jewelry, Tee Shirts, Sweat Shirts, Beef Jerky or other "Flea Market" items at any of our shows.

So Maksim had mentioned about this show last weekend. http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7512

Who's going? Sounds like it could be promising. At least there will be a lot of stuff to look at.

I have to go into work for a little while tomorrow morning, but will probably leave to be there around noontime (12:30ish).

I was sorta thinking about going, and then read my post about one of the recent shows here:

Yeah, I agree. I also went this summer, and the shows were identical (down to the same vendors in the same locations). It is big, but perhaps only 5% of the tables at most had any new guns. Many had nothing but Nazi war relics. The big room has pretty much nothing but old crufty guns, with some very expensive fancy old guns, too. One table selling new ammo, no big deal. No one selling powder or primers except for one guy selling them for $60/1000. Tons of daggers, old knives, old uniforms, old paper relics from WWII and older etc.

I'm not going to go again. Next time I say I'm going to go you guys remind me of this, ok?

So maybe I won't bother...

This page has directions.

http://www.allentownfairpa.org/index.php/general-info/directions

With 840 tables there is bound to be a lot of different types of stuff there. I've never been there and think it is probably worth checking out at least once. Even if it is just to "see" all the older stuff.

quality show for real gun lovers - not the place to go if you are looking for beef jerky or pickled sausage - powder sales not allowed , all tables must be firearm related as per clubs bylaws -

quality show for real gun lovers - not the place to go if you are looking for beef jerky or pickled sausage - powder sales not allowed , all tables must be firearm related as per clubs bylaws -

Are you kidding me? I've been to at least 8 of these shows, probably more. There is tons of stuff in there not firearm related.

It's a decent show. Not good, but decent. If you are looking for old guns you will probably be very happy. There will be some new stuff as well, but not at the level of the Rodeway (formerly Days Inn) show.

I'm 15 minutes from this show and not going tomorrow. If you just want to go to a gun show, go. I'll be 5 miles away at the range tomorrow, I'll drive past it on 22. Then mowing my lawn and making chicken.

different strokes for different folks - i always find something i need at good prices -

Don't know what good prices are in NJ.

It's not a bad show! I've been to about 8 of them, I would have learned after 2 I hope :)

I like gun shows. There is a massive amount of junk at this one, but also some good stuff. Rodeway Inn is half the size and has twice the stuff. Unless you like old stuff, in which case this show is better. I will go to this show again, no doubt. Just getting tired of it and skipping this time.

So I called up a couple buddies to see if they wanted to meet me at the show. The only one that could come actually doesn't own any guns or really has that great of an interest in them (he has shot with me before though). So for him it was an experience, but not something he would do again (according to him). Everything ended up looking the same to him after a while, even with me trying to explain stuff to him.

I went today but couldnt find any good deals on the firearms. The only thing that i bought was cz52 holster with 5 original mags for a $50.

There was a lot of stuff at this show. I agree that there really were not any good deals on firearms. Now there were many, many milsurp guns there, but I felt like most of them were overpriced. Very few black rifles and not too many other newer firearms. There was tons of other "stuff". Melgamatic nailed it with his earlier post. There was ammunition spread out throughout the show, but really only a couple tables (from 2 different vendors) selling just ammunition. They had decent selections, but no "deals".

Eagle Arms was there and had 2 or 3 crates of good looking Mosins for $99.95 with accessories. They also had a crate of nice 8mm Mausers.

I was hoping to see more SKS rifles. I think I saw maybe 4 or 5, beat up and expensive.

I've been recently looking to get a British Enfield P14 rifle. I did see 2 Remington M1917s, but one was too expensive and I never made it back to the second one.

In the end I bought 2 15rd AR mags and a Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard, no firearms. :cry:

I had a feeling it would happen, but next time I will go alone or make sure I go with people that are as interested in firearms as I am and even better if they are looking to purchase, so that I can spend more time sifting through all the "stuff" and maybe find some deals.

All in all a good show if you like checking out older firearms and have the time to check everything out with ought haveing to worry about someone being bored. :o :snooty:

He is asking $450 for the Mauser's.

What Mausers were they? prices?

Too much for mismatch RC k98's. He also had few Yugo's SKS for $400.

The was a guy right before you enter the second room had couple deals: a non-import k98 almost match(i think the floor plate didnt match) for $450. he also had a Madsen m47 for $675 but he isnt a dealer and didnt want to sell to NJ resident.

He wasnt sure if the Madsen rifle was NJ legal(its a bolt action) cause it had a bayonet lug, i just look at him and start laughing!! I told him he was wrong and show him the list from the NJ State police website on what is legal in NJ.

I saw couple SVT's for $1495 and $2400!!!

In my opinion, if i was a PA resident, i will get a table and look to buy stuff from the people walking in the show.

Overall it was a good show but i dont think i will go again. I have better luck with the small shows