Malsua

Yosemite --> Vegas

Mark, I've run down 395 past Yosemite and then cut through Death Valley to Beatty,NV and down 95 to Las Vegas. Good road.

I'm just questioning whether to turn off just south of Lee Vining at 120-->6-->264-->95 (google maps does this) Rather than running down further to Death Valley 395-->190. It adds a bunch of miles but it's probably more scenic...shrug. Never been through Death Valley...it probably looks like the rest of that area...dirt and rocks. heh. My friend has done the 120-->6 road on his Motorcycle and says it's a pretty good bike road but in general, all the roads are good as long as they aren't closed in winter and we're going in June.

My friends in Carson City says that the scenery on 395 is good all the way down to 120. We have the entire day, I just don't want it to take 12 hours or something and I don't want to overheat a car in Death Valley or something.

I would recommend going further south and picking up 190 at Lone Pine and crossing Death Valley and stay on 190 all the way to Vegas. it's not that hot in June....in any case, most pioneers were able to survive a few days before they died of thirst!