Sign in to follow this  
GoNRA

GI Joe the Movie

Why would I want to watch a movie that trashes Americans? Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity? They mention the tag line "Great American Hero" once in the movie as the bad girl is being sarcastic. Screw those jerks.

-------------

http://www.federalreview.com/2009/08...eorge-bush.htm

LOS ANGELES--The director of the new movie "G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra" thinks President Obama is "a Real American hero," but apparently wants Republicans to stay home.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

When it comes to selling "G.I. Joe" outside the U.S., the message is "this is not a George Bush movie -- it's an Obama world," director Stephen Sommers said. "Right from the writing stage we said to ourselves, this can't be about beefy guys on steroids who all met each other in the Vietnam War, but an elite organization that's made up of the best of the best from around the world."

Sommers, the director of such turds as "the Mummy Returns" and "VanHelsing," is hoping that the film will appeal to international markets, where action films "often earn 60% or more of their ticket sales [but] rah-rah American sentiment doesn't play well," the paper noted.

As a result, overseas advertising is playing up scenes from other countries and downplaying anything that could be seen as American patriotism.

never saw it.. it looked like corny garbage to me when i saw the commercials for it.

about what i took from seeing previews..

Huge disappointment for me. Whoever was in charge of casting did their job because that movie was filled with a huge star ensemble cast. However, while the actors/actresses have all been pretty good in their respective films (and will probably continue to be), they all seemed out of place in GI Joe. Maybe it was the bad script or direction given by the director/producer.