Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match at Shongum, Sat. June 5th

June match this Saturday June 5th.

Pistol match is 100 rounds.

Registration is 9:30am

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a rifle side stage after the pistol match is packed up for those who wish to stay.

33 rounds. It will be time permitting. If you plan to do the rifle stage let us know when you register. We will provide the score sheet and take payment at the start of the rifle stage.

If you plan to attend, reply to Ron Guman at: [email protected] by Thursday 8am.

If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and ask for Mike D. If the match is cancelled for weather, I will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday.

Shongum site for directions: http://www.shongum.org/

Be sure to bring water, sun block and a snack. As we gain more shooters, the days are getting longer.

Enjoy the rest of you Memorial Day weekend, stay safe.

This will be my first match. See you there!

Im going.

see you there.

I will be wearing a gun for hire T shirt...

Just got back home from Shongum. It was a great day with great people. Col. Mortimer thank you for the safety check. Thanks Megaman for the video, advise and company during the day, we have to go and shoot some more soon!

Will be there at 9.

We never had the chance to meet each other... On which squad were you?

Nice to meet you guys, Huntingpaper, thanks for videoing my run, anytime we can go shooting!

and Col, its was nice to meet you as well.

Here is a video of one of my runs, Huntingpaper took this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kxhRgrGCBQ

How did everyone do?

This was my first match so I focused on hit the A's instead of beat the clock and I was very happy because I was right on the center. The last stage was some steel plates and that didn't go that well... I end up shooting something like 15 extra rounds to pop all the plates down. Everybody was very friendly and extremely helpful. I can't wait for the next one! I'll be going to Old Bridge the 27th.

Steel will do that to you. i was lucky enough to get some steel practice at a GSSF match a couple of weeks ago, otherwise I'd have been much slower. that's a perfect strategy, get the acuracy down first then work on the speed. who's squad were you on? i was with Ralph and Karen.

I was with Ron. We were the first ones to shoot "El Presidente" you started on the other side of the berm. Are you going to OB the 27th?

How did everyone do?

I am out of practice but I did good on the steel. Steel is the toughest to shoot. No one sees a "D" hit but eveyone, including you, knows you missed a steel target. I practice with these: http://www.newboldtargets.com/law-enfor ... for-le.htm I made a stand with 2x4s.

I forget who asked but the ready condition for a SA/DA pistol in Production Division is a round in the chamber, hammer down and safety off as per Rule 8.1.2.3 and Appendix D.

How did everyone do?

I am out of practice but I did good on the steel. Steel is the toughest to shoot. No one sees a "D" hit but eveyone, including you, knows you missed a steel target. I practice with these: http://www.newboldtargets.com/law-enfor ... for-le.htm I made a stand with 2x4s.

I forget who asked but the ready condition for a SA/DA pistol in Production Division is a round in the chamber, hammer down and safety off as per Rule 8.1.2.3 and Appendix D.

I was totally off on the steel. I attribute that to my front sight. Im going to get it fixed for the next match at OB.