chris327

remington 1100 and 700

hi everyone,

my father has a remington 1100 shotgun that shoots 3in magnums only. It will not reload 2.75" shells. it only relaods 3 inch magnums. Is this gun worth anything?

also, he has a remington 700 in 7mm. with scope on it. Is this worth anything? they are both wood finish. and he purchased them in the late 80s. are these guns worth selling? if they are not worth much i will just keep them. but ifthey are worth enough to buy some new toys with i might just sell them. i have no use for the 1100 and the 700 is too much money to shoot for me.

thanks

chris

Chris, how do you know it will not shoot 2.75 shells?

If the chamber is for 3in, it should shoot 2.75 as well.

Does the gun not cycle the lighter shells?

I know my 11-87 likes heavier stuff...just curious.

megaman,

i tried 2.75 and it will not cycle them. It fires it but then it gets stuck ejecting it because the ejection port does not seem to open up all the way. I spoke to a gunsmith and he told me that many of the early models did 3 in or 2.75 not both. and that was why mine would not shoot the 2.75 in.

thanks for the info guys hopefully i can get some round about prices on what they might be worth.

thanks

chris

here is the deal with your 1100, it is a magnum barrel only some of the old smiths use to drill the gas port to enable it to shoot 2-3/4 shells i purchased a new barrell for mine to shoot 2-3/4 shells with the remchoke system.. i still have the mag barrell. the new barrell cannot shoot 3 inch so keep it in perspective..

megaman,

i tried 2.75 and it will not cycle them. It fires it but then it gets stuck ejecting it because the ejection port does not seem to open up all the way. I spoke to a gunsmith and he told me that many of the early models did 3 in or 2.75 not both. and that was why mine would not shoot the 2.75 in.

thanks for the info guys hopefully i can get some round about prices on what they might be worth.

thanks

chris

Got it, the gun likes heavy stuff...a true field gun. Probably very well made also.

Good luck.

PS, what caliber is the 700?