sirsloop

Just picked up a M44 Mosin Nagant

I originally wanted an M39, then decided to go for a boomstick M38/M44. I couldn't find any M38s with M38 stocks locally (in-state eliminating the FLL transfer), so I got a numbers matching '46 Izzy M44 with a decent post war stock from Sayreville Sportsman. Its all cleaned up already ready to go! You can def get them cheaper than what I paid, but you have to work on all the damn cosmoline thats on there. I got the carbine, 60rds of ammo, and a real nice leather gun bag for 200 out the door. I have a couple tins of russian surplus on the way, and got a box of silver bear, brown bear, and some czech rounds to try out.

897100873_FWL2V-X2.jpg

897100714_f3gwz-X3.jpg

897100114_fZkuJ-X2.jpg

Recoil pad is a shoulder saver. My shoulder is still a little bruised from firing a M44 over the weekend - and it had a rubber recoil pad as well.

Where did you get the ammo from? Sportsmansguide has a good price on it. It comes out to about 22 cents/round with shipping :)

I went over to Bullethole yesterday afternoon with a couple friends. The place was full of people plinking away. The guy next to me was shooting his .223 AR. I unpack and load up. I let the first round rip. My 257lbs body is jerked back, all I see an impressive massive muzzle flash, and the noise... the NOISE!!! I swear the entire range stopped firing for what seemed like 10 seconds after I let the thing go. The AR guy looks around the booth and says, WTF is that thing!!!!!! :lol::lol:

...and that was the first time shooting the M44 :mrgreen: WHAT A BEAST.

It is! Did the guy shooting his AR have a muzzle brake on? If not, the sound from it was probably a plink compared to the M44.

Wait - you were able to shoot 7.62x54R at the Bullet Hole? I thought they didn't allow it.

Oh yeah - how's your shoulder? :D

I specifically asked them if it was ok for 7.62x54R last time I was up there... they said yes. They mentioned they will allow rifle up to but excluding .50. Umm, I don't think there was a muzzle break on his... and yeah it sounded like a .22. After shooting the M44, my 9mm feels like a friggin .22 too! :lol::lol: I still have the metal bone crusher on the buttstock. I shot around 30rds and have a little bruising. Nothing too bad... if you poke at it, it just feels like a sunburn or somethin. The rubber recoil pad goes on this week and we'll give it a go. Really, its not that bad with me being such a big guy.