Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

NJ Politicians Want A List of NRA Members

This is an E mail from the daily updates -http://www.nraila.org/

New Jersey Politicians Want A List of NRA Members

and their Employers!

In a blatant attempt by entrenched New Jersey politicians to strong arm citizens who oppose their re-election, Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D-14) and her co-sponsors have introduced legislation which would require certain contributors to

My only thought is even if the Bill does not pass anyone that contacts their Assembly member will be put on a list from the email.

No problem. If I have any flap from that crowd I'll post her home address on every firearm, RKBA, and wacko militia group on the internet. That way everybody knows where everybody lives. It seems like Ms. Greenstein wants to play hardball. Batter up, Ms. G.

Note to Ms. Greenstein: I got your home address from public sources with about four mouse clicks.

My only thought is even if the Bill does not pass anyone that contacts their Assembly member will be put on a list from the email.

No problem. If I have any flap from that crowd I'll post her home address on every firearm, RKBA, and wacko militia group on the internet. That way everybody knows where everybody lives. It seems like Ms. Greenstein wants to play hardball. Batter up, Ms. G.

Note to Ms. Greenstein: I got your home address from public sources with about four mouse clicks.

um, yea :shock:

kind of plays into the stereotype doesn't it?

Yours kind of plays into the whipped dog syndrome. You need to grow a pair, Junior.

Easy Nick we are all on the same side I think. My thoughts are it could be a ploy knowing that the Bill will not get through and having people that are NRA members writing could lead to the list they want. I am not saying that I will not write and express my opinion of the Bill I'm saying wants I do that they will have my name that is all they would need to get my home address. This is putting me on the fence with the NRA and what they are going to do for New Jersey to prevent this from happening.

Yours kind of plays into the whipped dog syndrome. You need to grow a pair, Junior.

Why does he need to "grow a pair"? What do you actually think you will accomplish with such an idiotic threat to that even more idiotic woman?

I mean really, to blatantly imply that "I know where you live and will..." does nobody here any good whatsoever. Plus it reeks of immature short-sightedness.

Take the time to write a well spoken, articulate letter to her directly. May not change her viewpoint, but it will show that we are intelligent people who are not going away anytime soon.

Please, You personally shouldn't write anything to anyone. The way you do it doesn't help.

Why? Because threatening a politician by listing their home address on "psycho Militia" forums isn't ballsy, it's stupid and, quite honestly, extrordinarily wimpy.

But that's just my brains talking. :roll:

Please, You personally shouldn't write anything to anyone. The way you do it doesn't help.

Why? Because threatening a politician by listing their home address on "psycho Militia" forums isn't ballsy, it's stupid and, quite honestly, extrordinarily wimpy.

But that's just my brains talking. :roll:

I have to say bul...THAT may just be the understatement of the year here.....

Couldn't they just get that info from our FID cards? That has all the same info on it already. Most FID holders are NRA members.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks they own a gun in NJ and aren't on "a list" is a bit naive IMO.

What if you bought them out of state and then moved to NJ?

Not that anybody would make such a stupid decision on where to live if they enjoyed or needed firearms.

Couldn't they just get that info from our FID cards? That has all the same info on it already. Most FID holders are NRA members.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks they own a gun in NJ and aren't on "a list" is a bit naive IMO.

What if you bought them out of state and then moved to NJ?

Not that anybody would make such a stupid decision on where to live if they enjoyed or needed firearms.

Those people would be the exception, of course. People moving here, or possibly people who live here and purchase long guns out of state.

I have often wondered (and I hate to sound all tin foil) but I know that the Federal NICS is required by law to destroy all information after X hours. I have a hard time believing that NJ's state-run background check system would actually delete information of transactions.

At the very least, it's a record of names, addresses, and dates that those people bought a gun (ie Joe Schmoe bought a long gun on 3/10 and 1/7 so we know he owns 2 long guns) and I'm pretty sure when I last bought a gun at Dick's I saw the guy filling out a form with make/model/caliber/serial (also on the 4473). The form was a crappy photocopy and not a 4473 or NJ COE. I would not doubt for a second if NJ has a de-facto long gun registry in addition to the handgun registry.

When a dealer calls in a NICS in NJ, aside from name/height/weight/driver's license number/features/etc do they also have to give away any info on the gun itself being purchased?

When a dealer calls in a NICS in NJ, aside from name/height/weight/driver's license number/features/etc do they also have to give away any info on the gun itself being purchased?

Only type, ie Handgun or Long Gun.

The NICS check also does not necessarily represent that the transaction took place.

Only type, ie Handgun or Long Gun.

The NICS check also does not necessarily represent that the transaction took place.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, not necessarily, but I'd say 9/10 background check approvals are followed by a gun purchase.

The text provided says it is any IRS code 501 and 527 organization's members that contrbute to a political candidate or race. That is many many more organizations than just the NRA.

So although the alert is correct, that NRA members would be affected, the point of it is

not to find out who belongs to the NRA. It's a campaign finance thing.