manidar

Who is up for GSSF match on the 19th and 20th june

Hi, guy's i am new here. I was just wondering how many people are going to be there at the GSSF match next weekend. I plan to go on the 19th which is a saturday, it would be nice to meet new people. I am fairly new to the game, i usually go to classic pistol range in Southhampton, Pa as it's closer from Hillsborough, NJ. I have shot at Bullet hole and Shoreshot before. I do not like Bullet Hole at all as for their stupid rules( no head shots as you would damage the lights ) and one tube light will cost you $ 10. I like Shoreshot for the range. After NRA range in Fairfax, VA i think Classic pistol range in PA is not bad at all. Will give Brick armory a try next time. It will be first time for me to shoot outdoors at the GSSF match, looking forward to it.

http://www.cjrpc.com/

and check for the schedule for NJ match 19th and the 20th june

http://www.gssfonline.com/match-info.cfm

Check it out i am planing to go on Saturday would be first time for me so i would like to check it out if you are not a member yet do not worry they will sign you up at the place and it's only $ 25 to participate for each class. I am going to shoot in Amateur class but there are many.

Check the GSSF website for all the info.

Hope this helps

ttyl

Old school is this your first time also attending the GSSF match or you have been there before.

Should i sign up for 2 classes or just one would be fine I have a G17 so i could go for Am. Class and Am. Competition

I know they say one could sign up for match there aswell so i guess i will just show up real early on Saturday.

ttyl

I will be there. This will be my second year competing. Last year I won the random new member drawing. I won a free Glock!

Signing up for more than one class is a good idea if you can afford to use the ammo. Each class requires roughly 150 rounds of ammo. I shot in the amateur civ class last year and this year I am adding the Amateur comp class. A lot of the veterans use the comp class to get the jitters out so that they do better in whatever other classes they are shooting in that day.

Also, there will be a training area setup where you can practice on the three courses of fire. I think the range members set this up so they can make a little extra cash. I think I paid 5 bucks for three runs at the plates.

Old school is this your first time also attending the GSSF match or you have been there before.

Should i sign up for 2 classes or just one would be fine I have a G17 so i could go for Am. Class and Am. Competition

I know they say one could sign up for match there aswell so i guess i will just show up real early on Saturday.

ttyl

Ask Kristi about the class structure. That's who I ask for advice. :D

Ask Kristi about the class structure. That's who I ask for advice. :D

He's lying!! :lol: Ask him for tips on shooting the elusive 500 score.

You can pick the order of the courses of fire, and you can shoot the same stage in two divisions in the same visit to that stage, or come back to it later for the second division.

If entry and ammo costs are not an issue, then shoot both divisions. If they are, just shoot am-civ (or am-guardian if you're police, fire or ems - paid or volunteer, or military). You will see shooters of all levels in each division. Accuracy is more important than speed, so take your time if you need to, but don't dawdle if you don't have to.

There is usually a side match of static steel plates or something, find it and practice there first if you'd like. It's usually $5, fastest time wins, but it's also a good place just to get warmed up for the day.

You can sign up for the match online, but you don't have to specify a time (and if you end up not going, I think they'll credit the fee towards your next match). If you sign up that day, there's a $10 walk up fee, which they waive if you have the GSSF email about the match. Also, if you're a new member, there is a free new member drawing for a Glock, and if someone refered you they will enter you both in the drawing. (I think the refering member has to go with you to enter the drawing... so if you're going with someone find them and go enter, and if you want a refering member and don't have one, find Old School or myself and we'll enter with you... we love winning stuff! :lol:)

Have fun! GSSF is a nice bunch of people, and a fun way to get into shooting matches if you haven't before (and it's fun even if you already shoot steel/IDPA/USPSA). Bring a chair and water in case you have to wait at a stage (it's not usually too bad), or just want to hang out.

Thank you so much for all the great info, i am already a member and i did sign up for one division so far but will sign up for the other at the match.

I did receive the email stating that if i bring the print out they will not charge me the walk in fees which is good, i plan on bringing 500 rounds with me, ammo is not a problem thanks to a Walmart in PA......paid $ 9.47 for the WWB/50.

I have WWB 115gr, Federal 115gr and Remington(green box) 147gr, does it matter what i use.

Would the accuracy be better with 147 gr over 115gr ?

Thanks once again and hope to see you guys there

ttyl

Wow ! what an amazing experience it was. Had a lot fun met with great people who were really very helpful. Wait was not bad at all.

It was fun even just hanging out and watching people shoot. Did not as well as thought but still got great advises from experienced shooters on how to get better.

Everyone said i was not resetting the trigger properly, i would let go all the way before pulling it back.

All the RO's were so friendly and helpful also.

Did try to find your names on the charts but did not find you guys( Old School and Kristi )

I shot the Comp today to get some practice now tomorrow will shoot the Am civilian. Wish me luck. Thanks for your advise on going to the practice first, It did help a lot. I was having trouble with the plates all day long. When went to the Glock armorer he said my front sight was a little bent towards the left side so i think that was causing all the misses. He was a great guy, he changed my front sights and recoil spring for free and cleaned my Glock inside out really well.

Thanks for all your help in explaining the whole procedure, I really do appreciate it. Will try to meet you guys at one of the meets.

Take care

PS for those who went: the scores for this match are up. I improved by over 100 points!

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2010/2010jnj.pdf

I don't shoot well at farther distances. I have no problem with the plates but anything farther out than that and I have all sorts of misses. Any general thoughts about this?

I would love a black dot in the middle of those cardboard targets.