Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

Two simple Range 14 questions

a) On busy days, I know they have a limit on how long you can have a lane, but I don't remember if it was one hour or two hours; does anyone know?

b) Anyone ever bring a popup / EZUp tent, or see one there? I just realized that a popup might obscure the RSO's view of the green/red flags, or keep them from seeing what was happening, so they might not like it.

Thanks.

a) On busy days, I know they have a limit on how long you can have a lane, but I don't remember if it was one hour or two hours; does anyone know?

b) Anyone ever bring a popup / EZUp tent, or see one there? I just realized that a popup might obscure the RSO's view of the green/red flags, or keep them from seeing what was happening, so they might not like it.

Thanks.

they limit you to 1 hour on busy days Dave, not too sure bout the tent thing, give them a call to ask.

I considered bringing my 10x10 tent too. I'm willing to bet that as long as its behind the table you are ok. The RSO has to be able to see the flags and other shooters. Maybe request lane 14-15. Another option would be to leave it low... and shoot prone under it. IDK... really I don't think its that bad. I shot for like 3hrs the other day 1-430pm and it was fine. Just bring water and sun screen.

I didn't know about the lane restriction... man that would suck! Shooting for just an hour there is too little!

Thinking about getting there before 9am tomorrow - do one hour limits usually hit that early on Saturdays?

If there isn't a line when you get there, can you pay for 2 hours? (In other words, do the time limits only apply if there is a line when you pay for your time?)

Thanks, Dave

So if there is no line when you show up, you can pay for 2 hours? (Even if they know there is going to be a line a little later?)

-Dave

Yes, you never know if the place will be crowded or not. I have shown up at 1100 and found the place empty at times.

If you get there are opening, and are one of the first 15 benches you can rent 3hrs. Once there is a line all re-ups or new rentals are 1hr only, waiting from the back of the line.

So, lets say you get there at opening, get bench 1. You can shoot for 3 hours. After 3 hours, if there is a line then you have to wait in line to get a new bench for 1hr only. If there is no line, you can reup for an hour. Alternatively, you could shoot rifle for 3 hours, then go shoot pistol or trap/skeet if the rifle range it filled up.