civictuner04

new family members

well i finally made to purchases i have been waiting for the first is a springfield m1a ma9226 which is the l1a loaded

DSCF4341.jpg

DSCF4342.jpg

i also got a remington 700 sps .308win this is my starting point for which will be a longer build

DSCF4343.jpg

and the other gun i picked up was a mossberg 817 bolt action 17hmr and i put a bsa sweet 17 scope on it. The optic is actually much better than i thought it was going to be.

DSCF4344.jpg

now i need to get some time to break in my new toys :lol:

Nice lineup you have there. I am also a huge fan of the M14, let me know how you like the Springfield. I keep going back and forth between an M1A and a Garand.

Jimmy,

You know you really should own both, right? :)

Nice lineup you have there. I am also a huge fan of the M14, let me know how you like the Springfield. I keep going back and forth between an M1A and a Garand.

Jimmy,

You know you really should own both, right? :)

I know, but getting it by my better half is the problem. All things in time :D .

Go to www.thecmp.org and get yourself a Garand for $600. I filled out the paperwork and had mine in about 2 1/2 months.

I don't know if you are reloading, but 30 '06 is a more forgiving round to load than 308 because of the lower pressures. Also, the CMP store has good Greek 30 '06 ball ammo in spam cans for cheaper than you will find decent 308 ammo. I bought 960 rounds of this for $450 and expect to have enough brass to last me indefinitely. The Garand is probably my most fun gun to shoot, and it is surprisingly accurate. You can worry about the $1500+ M14/M1A in the future.

If we can get together one of these times, I will gladly let you shoot my M1 Garand at Dix or Central Jersey.

An M1A is on the list to buy someday for me, but +1 what Lunker says on the M1 from CMP. They have tons of ammo, the 10 can limit per year is lifted (for now), they also got bayonets in, if you are into that, and rifle wise, have enough to sell for a good long while.