Bob B

Troubling Jury Duty Experience -- You Decide

I was reading this thread yesterday.. and thinking to myself "hmmm been in NJ two years now and haven't gotten a summons yet.. wonder when I'll get one"... I get home yesterday and what's waiting for me? Jury Duty notice... :facepalm:

Jynxed myself!

I was reading this thread yesterday.. and thinking to myself "hmmm been in NJ two years now and haven't gotten a summons yet.. wonder when I'll get one"... I get home yesterday and what's waiting for me? Jury Duty notice... :facepalm:

Jynxed myself!

I found this website that is very helpful:

http://fija.org/

Scroll down to the "Juror's Guide." #2 and #4 are pretty good. Read #4 first -- it's shorter.

I'm in the process of watching their videos here:

http://fija.org/document-library/videos ... ut-juries/

Boring... but very thorough and professionally done.

Good luck.

I've been in Monmouth County for 7 years now and still havent gotten a notice.

Are you registered to vote? I registered to vote in '08 and got my jury summons (federal and county) within the next year.

same thing happened to me - I recieved a notice a year for Essex county, until I switched my voters registration.

of course, they still send notices for the wrong county (07060 is shared, Plainfield is Union County, North Plainfield is Sommerset) :D

I've been in Monmouth County for 7 years now and still havent gotten a notice.

Are you registered to vote? I registered to vote in '08 and got my jury summons (federal and county) within the next year.

yes I am, did my FID change of Address and Voter Registration the week we moved down here, and both change of addresses again the week after i bought my house. Not that I'm complaining about not being called.... No Defense attorney is going to allow me on a jury.

I've been registered since I was 18 (6 years ago) and haven't been called once. I moved a 6 months ago and changed everything over. I actually do want to go at least once. I'll get my normal pay from my job.

My father on the other hand, keeps getting called over and over again, he went a few times, but now is physically unable to go because he has bone cancer and of course needs to get a doctor's note every time. You'd think id be a good idea to stop wasting time and paperwork and just take him off the list already.