Sign in to follow this  
deni

Any NRA Certified Instructors?

New to the forums...

I was interested in what steps to take to become an NRA certified instructor.

Also if you're a range officer do you have to be NRA certified or is it just up to the business owner?

Just curious because I was interested in taking a couple of basic pistol courses and if it's not much more after that to become an instructor with that discipline then I might give it a shot :facepalm:

and i know they sometimes get some pretty good discounts on firearms, which certainly doesn't hurt the cause.

Thanks!

contact nra training division for a local schedule for classes - old bridge club + cherry ridge run several classes per year -

I held all three. Rifle, pistol, and shotgun, years ago. Too bad I gave it up. You did have to

train people and send in their quals. to the NRA. Lots of literature to pour over for yourself

and your "student". A lot of people would contact you, who wanted to learn how to shoot.

You meet a lot of people from all walks of life. It was fun at the time.

Some commercial schools offer the instructor training courses, but they're pricy. Non-profit organizations such as ANJRPC host instructor training courses throughout the year.

While taking the basic (pistol, rifle, shotgun) course is generally required to get certified as an instructor in that discipline, you can get a waiver if you can pass a test with a training counselor. You'll have to speak to a training counselor for details on that, though.