Frank Jack Fiamingo

New Candidate for the Board of Directors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am extremely happy to announce that Maksim has agreed to serve on the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society. With his business experience, he is an IDEAL Candidate to serve as Chair of our Finance Committee. I was pleasantly surprised to find that he was interested in taking on yet another leadership role. Maksim will be a significant asset to our group.

Here is the most recent list of nominees for our Officers and Board of Directors:

President - Frank (aka ffpcs)

Vice President - Tim (aka tbtrout)

Secretary - Chris (aka gonra)

Co-Treasurer - Avi (aka avi)

Co-Treasurer - Tom (aka wraenking)

Co-Treasurer - Dave (AKA dave545)

Board Member - Bob (aka smity)

Board Member - Shane (aka shane45)

Board Member - Jack (aka totalabuse)

Board Member - Maksim (aka .... well MAKSIM, of course)

Major thanks for all these great guys who have agreed to take the lead. There is a HECK of a lot of talent in this group.

Well guys, things JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER...

Tony (aka tj462nj) otherwise known as "I'm with" Tony :-) has agreed to serve on our board. I believe that the circle of life has now been completed. We have a full complement of people who are willing to serve as officers and Board Members. This is a powerhouse group of individuals who I believe will lead our group extremely well.

I am not closing nominations. As of now, everyone is running unopposed. there are no additional positions to fill, so if you would like to run against any of the current candidates, just let me know, and we will have an election. If not, we will have an induction of the following slate at the August 9th meeting:

President - Frank (aka ffpcs)

Vice President - Tim (aka tbtrout)

Secretary - Chris (aka gonra)

Co-Treasurer - Avi (aka avi)

Co-Treasurer - Tom (aka wraenking)

Co-Treasurer - Dave (AKA dave545)

Board Member - Bob (aka smity)

Board Member - Shane (aka shane45)

Board Member - Jack (aka totalabuse)

Board Member - Maksim (aka .... well MAKSIM, of course)

Board member - LAST, but certainly *NOT* least - Tony (aka tj462nj)

Thanks to everyone for agreeing to serve.

Did anyone put a list together of what these positions consist of as far as putting in work? Maybe a list can be established to better define each position. Maybe can be discussed at this upcoming meeting.

Hi Chris. There is a brief (and rather vague) description of each position in the Bylaws. I am going to try and flesh it out before the meeting. The plan is to be as flexible as we need to be in order to get our mission accomplished, and at the same time, not put too much of a burden on anyone. I am working on that now. I will be sure to have something about your roll to you well ahead of time. As far as minutes go, as the Secretary of the group, you will be responsible for recording the proceedings. The key here is NOT to try a write everything down. The gist of what transpires is sufficient. For instance, "Frank made a motion to accept the Bylaws, Chris seconded the motion, after some discussion, a vote was taken. The members voted to accept the Bylaws 13 to 7". There is no need to record what was said in the discussion or by whom. Once we have a stable membership, it will be your responsibility to keep the list of members.

I will get something to you soon.

Thanks,

Frank

I bought a tape recorder to use at work, but in our policy handbook it said that no recording devices were allowed. I was going to use it to record reports people gave me to write down at a later time for the incident reports, so now it's just sitting in the draw. Should I bring this to the meeting? would people be ok with recording the meetings?

I am sure people would be OK with it (although we would ask first). It isn't really necessary to record the entire meeting. Minutes are really just a short form notation of the major points that occur during a meeting. You can bring it if you like. We can run it by the membership.

Although I am sure people would be OK (although we would ask first), it isn't really necessary to record the entire meeting. Minutes are really just a short form notation of the major point that occur during a meeting. You can bring it if you lie. We will run it by the membership.

It's always here if you guys ever decide it would be more convienient.