Sign in to follow this  
Sleeper

Trigger pin?

I'm have a problem with my Stag M8. The last 2 range trips the pin that holds the the trigger keeps backing out. If I don't watch it and keep pushing it back, it will back out until it gets cock-eyed and the trigger will jam. Of course it never had a problem unil I took apart the lower. My question is; does the pin that holds the trigger go in one way and I have it in backwards? Or is there something else going on? Any ideas from the AR experts?

Thanks,

Greg

There are 2 detent grooves in the trigger pin near the end. The legs of the hammer spring should sit on top of the trigger pin and they will keep it from walking. Double check the hammer spring legs actually touches the trigger pin, they're supposed to go inbetween the sides of the trigger and the receiver so they contact the trigger pin.

I use an AR trigger in my mg42. No matter what i tried the pins would walk out on me. I ordered a set of trigger and hammer pins from midway that have little Allen head screws that hold them in place. I highly recommend them!!!!!!