Sign in to follow this  
Krdshrk

Additional Pistol Permits

whats the 212A? Maybe its that 3rd yellow form I was told to sign?

Yes, that's correct, it is done in leiu of fingerprinting. The form is not available on line, only at your local PD. The $18 goes for the 212A to the State Police SBI and the $2/permit is paid to the local PD when you pick-up the permits.

Apparently from the STS-033 form it says that the $2/PP is required and non-refundable... I gave the $2 for the first PP when I applied.

But yes - the NBPD Detective confirmed I needed the $18 money order (darnit) otherwise I would have had the application in today.

So you are saying that you need to pay $ 18 every time you apply for a permit i never heard that in Hillsborough before....

Initially they charged me $ 62.50 and now when ever i need a permit i give them a call and they mail me the forms by mail

$ 2 check for each permit and just the wait...

May be it is different in different towns but Hillsborough is real easy .. :D

So you are saying that you need to pay $ 18 every time you apply for a permit i never heard that in Hillsborough before....

Initially they charged me $ 62.50 and now when ever i need a permit i give them a call and they mail me the forms by mail

$ 2 check for each permit and just the wait...

May be it is different in different towns but Hillsborough is real easy .. :D

IIRC, that was the way it was, some time ago, where I lived. If you had had a 212A or fingerprinting done in the last 12 months, all they wanted was STS-033 and $2 per permit. When was the last time you got a P2P? Just curious.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Lol... that sounds like crap... if you have all the forms completed you should be able to get ANY on duty officer to sign the witness section and drop it off with a receptionist.

Yes but this is a city - New Brunswick! All this stuff is handled by 1 detective.

Isn't it $2/PP? That's what I was told. And I don't need to get printed through sagem - it was done at my local PD so they have it on file.

They still need additional money for other checks? Dangit...

The $18.00 to NJSP is Corzine's Middle Finger to gun owners. There was a time when ALL of the fees save for the $2 per permit wre only for when you did your initial FID, Now, EVERY transaction has to have a background check, and NJSP has to get that $18.00 per. Doesnt matter if its a Permit, or even just a Change of Address in the same town.