Sign in to follow this  
damnyankee

USPSA Magazine Size

I'm about to start shooting USPSA and will shoot in NJ on occasion.

What is the magazine size allowed for OPEN and Limited? Are you restricted to 15 rounds by NJ laws or can you use extended mags in competitions?

Thanks.

I guess I'll be using my M&P 9c in Production when I shoot in NJ.

As an aside, shooting with a habit of using 15 rd mags must make it tough for NJ shooters when they go elsewhere in the country.

In production you can only load your magazines with 10 rounds.

I realize that I can only load 10+1 in Production. I can't load 27+1 in an Open gun though, according to NJ Law. 15 +1 would make shooting Open a weird experience and screw me up for shooting elsewhere.

The 9c is set up as a competition gun for Production and the gun is better than my vision. My eyes are only good to 25 - 30 yds with iron sights whether its the 9c or the 9L.

In production you can only load your magazines with 10 rounds.

I realize that I can only load 10+1 in Production. I can't load 27+1 in an Open gun though, according to NJ Law. 15 +1 would make shooting Open a weird experience and screw me up for shooting elsewhere.

NJ is not a good state in which to live if you want to shoot Open Class. You will always be at a disadvantage since you are not going to matches where you can use a large cap mag. Of course, you do not want to violate NJ law just to compete so we are hosed.

The 9c is set up as a competition gun for Production and the gun is better than my vision. My eyes are only good to 25 - 30 yds with iron sights whether its the 9c or the 9L.

No problem. There are no shots farther than 30 yards. Does yours have a magazine disconnect safety? If so, keep an empty magazine in your pocket. When the command "If clear, hammer down and holster." is given insert the mag, pull trigger and remove mag. Then holster.

There is still room in the USPSA Introduction Class I am running at Shongum. I'm just sayin'.

No problem. There are no shots farther than 30 yards. Does yours have a magazine disconnect safety? If so, keep an empty magazine in your pocket. When the command "If clear, hammer down and holster." is given insert the mag, pull trigger and remove mag. Then holster.

There is still room in the USPSA Introduction Class I am running at Shongum. I'm just sayin'.

The only safties for any of my handguns are the ones between my ears - No mag, no thumb.

I am already enrolled in your class and looking forward to it.

Does yours have a magazine disconnect safety? If so, keep an empty magazine in your pocket. When the command "If clear, hammer down and holster." is given insert the mag, pull trigger and remove mag. Then holster.

I gotta get rid of that.... what a pain :lol: