Malsua

CZ-52 Firing pin

Anyone happen to have an extra aftermarket CZ-52 firing pin? Last time I shot pistols at CR after about 4 mags, the CZ stopped shooting. I fiddled a bit there and put it away until just now. Apparently the nose of the firing pin broke off. Now, before you say it, this was indeed already an aftermarket firing pin, the kind that aren't supposed to break. Anyway, anyone happen to have one laying around?

I haven't even started to look on the net and yes I would be able to type it in Google and hit search. I'm curious as to the BEST replacement so I don't have to do it again? Which vendor or does it matter? I have zero experience buying parts for this gun so any feedback is appreciated.

Mark, i have the Competition Harrington pin which drastically improves the trigger pull and eliminates all "trigger slap/sting". My OEM pin never broke but this one was purported to be so much better, i preemptively replaced it and never looked back. the trigger pull is really sweet and one of my favorite guns to shoot now.

http://www.harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/

I ordered the CZ-52 #2 that improves the trigger pull. "CZ-52-2 Competition Firing Pin and Trigger Enhancement"

Seems kind of silly to spend $50 on a $200 gun but oh well. Without a firing pin it's a $1 paper weight.

Have you gotten the new pin yet and if so, have you tried it out?

True that the costs are skewed, but thats just the benefit of buying surplus. Imagine if that gun were still new production what it would cost!

I ordered the firing pin Last Friday morning. It looks like it comes out of Indiana so I expect to have it today or tomorrow.

Their order system leaves much to be desired. Send money to a paypal address, no order form, no receipt, no acknowledgment, just a blind hole money goes to. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Ok, so I ordered the firing pin and it finally arrived.

As they mentioned, on some of these guns, the pivot of the extractor interferes with the return spring on the firing pin. If the firing pin doesn't return, you could end up turning the gun into a full auto, that would be bad as it slam fires through the magazine.

My gun was one of those guns....the firing pin was sticking out and it took a tap to return it. Not good.

I took everything out, thought on it a bit, measured the spring at .125. I looked at the pictures on their website, rough measured the angle and used a .125 end mill to radius out the pivot on the extractor. I would have used a slightly bigger end mill if I had had a suitable one, but instead I just opened it up a couple thousands.

It wasn't hardened so it cut easily.

I assembled it all and now the firing pin behaves normally! I won't get a chance to shoot it till Sunday but so far, so good.

As a note to anyone that does this. The little springs are very energetic and very small. When you're taking out the firing pin, the pin retainer's spring has no retainer once the pin is out. As the spring rockets past your head towards freedom, realize that the next 30 minutes of your life will be spent on your hands and knees with lots of bright lights. Just saying, not that anything like that happened to me :icon_eek: .

• Like 1

As the spring rockets past your head towards freedom, realize that the next 30 minutes of your life will be spent on your hands and knees with lots of bright lights. Just saying, not that anything like that happened to me :icon_eek: .

I have found that women have really good eyes and can usually find things like this very very quickly. Or maybe it's just me who searches for 30 minutes and then calls in the spousal reinforcement unit who just happens to find it in a split second...

You're right. They're good at spotting detail like that. She did help me find the retainer button...the spring was elusive. It found its way into the half a dozen strands of hair left on my head and was hanging out there, mocking me. I reached up to scratch and saw something flutter past and I heard it hit...and there it was. lol.

You're right. They're good at spotting detail like that. She did help me find the retainer button...the spring was elusive. It found its way into the half a dozen strands of hair left on my head and was hanging out there, mocking me. I reached up to scratch and saw something flutter past and I heard it hit...and there it was. lol.

WOW now thats funny!!

Good thing you didn't jump in the shower.