BRN169

SAF and ANJRPC files suit against the state of NJ!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think NJ's current carry permit system limits you to carrying one handgun, just the type(s) of guns you are allowed to carry. And what about long guns - there should be no limit on that :icon_twisted: .

NJ has no carry permits. They are not issued. You can buy as many long guns as you want

• Like 1

NJ has no carry permits. They are not issued. You can buy as many long guns as you want

NJ has carry permits, you just have to donate a few Jersey Envelopes* to the right people.....lol...

*unmarked manila envelope containing an undisclosed amount of cash :icon_e_surprised:

• Like 2

NJ DOES have a carry permit system. They DO issue carry permits to those who have a "justifiable need". There ARE already regulations put in place for those few who do carry. Technically NJ is a "shall issue" state, they just get to choose who they issue to. Thats why this cant resolved as easily as other states have been recently.

NJ DOES have a carry permit system. They DO issue carry permits to those who have a "justifiable need". There ARE already regulations put in place for those few who do carry. Technically NJ is a "shall issue" state, they just get to choose who they issue to. Thats why this cant resolved as easily as other states have been recently.

It can't be a "shall issue" state if there's a "justifiable need" that's practically unachievable.

The situation in NJ right now is like this: "We will issue you a permit if you get shot several times and live but while at the hospital the perp attempts to finish the job but fails." Then follows it up with "however, you can only carry one .22 caliber S&W handgun with serial number x23x43 on weekdays from 9am to 5pm."

Of course that's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

NJ is a "may issue" state according to the information Wiki has. Notice the disclaimer that NJ is "no issue" in practice.

Wiki Link

Nappen was on Cam and Company last night and called NJ a "May-Not-Issue" state... Thought that was funny as hell... Technically NJ is a "May-Issue" state in theory, in practice they are effectively a "No-Issue" state... Come on 1,500 people out of a state with a population of 8.5 million, which is like .000176% of the population. If that number is not statistically insignificant I don't know what is...

Nappen was on Cam and Company last night and called NJ a "May-Not-Issue" state... Thought that was funny as hell... Technically NJ is a "May-Issue" state in theory, in practice they are effectively a "No-Issue" state... Come on 1,500 people out of a state with a population of 8.5 million, which is like .000176% of the population. If that number is not statistically insignificant I don't know what is...

Bryan Miller would say that number is still too high, and this needle in a haystack amount of people are still terrorizing NJ, and eating children for breakfast.