Sign in to follow this  
Steve_G

Handgun purchase permit in Old Bridge

I've been out of OB for about a year now, but expect 2 months minimum from my experiance.

I would just give them the 30 days and call them at least once a week to bug them about it. Be courteous.. but don't let them push you around.

The dicktective as of a year ago who deals with firearms apps seems to be very anti-gun, and its another part of his job he doesn't want to do.

I've been out of OB for about a year now, but expect 2 months minimum from my experiance.

I would just give them the 30 days and call them at least once a week to bug them about it. Be courteous.. but don't let them push you around.

The dicktective as of a year ago who deals with firearms apps seems to be very anti-gun, and its another part of his job he doesn't want to do.

Ya. And I'm sure he makes $100K a year as a salary and he is miserable!

I live in OB currently. Expect 2-3 months for a PPP. I had to keep calling and nagging the Clerk's office starting 1.5 months in. I was polite and kind about it...

Just like they have excuses (fingerprints not back, references not back, detective is on vacation, it's on the ID dept desk for verification, etc). I came up with my own... "It's sitting at the store with a big down payment on it" , "I'm concerned as to why this is taking so long, is there something wrong", "i have a big competition coming up, and I need to practice with the new pistol", etc.

They don't really care, but it gives you an excuse to keep calling. I didn't get any movement until I started calling every 2 days, boiling up to asking to come in to speak with the chief over my concerns. You can't pull that card until 2 months in... as they know that's just way past the limit on how long it should really take.

I had to wait for a little less than 2 month to get mine this October. Was about to give them a call but all of a sudden the permits showed up in the mail.

Previously, had to call them a few times after a month wait. But usually it takes them about two month, give or take a week.

I had to deal with Old Bridge for Commercial Building Permits, although it has nothing to do with the police department, it was one of the worst nightmares of my entire life.

Not to derail the thread too much, but that building dept. is from a different planet. There have been enough complaints that the state is involved now, but more people need to make formal written complaints. That department cost me a lot of time & $.