In some ways, Illinois is as bad as NJ with regards to gun laws, and over the top peddling of fear and paranoia by the anti gunner's.

But it would be nice to see NJ gun owners follow in IL gun owners footsteps.

http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2011/01/mark-your-calendars-igold-2011.html

igold_march_header6.jpg

ISRA is proud to sponsor

IGOLD 2011

Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prairie Capitol Convention Center

corner of 8th St & Adams

Springfield, IL

Mark your calendars and reserve the day off now!!

All Illinois gun owners are invited to join in Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD) in Springfield in 2011. This is the very important event where gun owners individually lobby their representatives in the Illinois House and Senate.

Ride easy! A fleet of charter buses will be arriving in Springfield from all corners of the state ­­- Online reservations available beginning Jan. 18, 2011.

Maybe one day I guess.

Aiming awfully high.....

sorry should have qualified that..

I bet we can get 20 people there..

*providing it is not a schedule inconvenience

*somebody offers something for nothing

*the weather is nice

*it's not too far to drive (gas is expensive after all)

is that better.. ;)

That brings up an initeresting question. What do you do to try having laws changed?

I know that many here feel that it's hopeless because we're in NJ. However, legal things come up here often that are worth pursuing to change if you can present a rational, logical argument.

I'm thinking about a recent post titled "spousal guns". It was a great subject. There were some great follow ups to the question to define and clarify the law. My thought was that this should be changed. If you can be in a house with that gun when your spouse is not in that house, then why can't you legally transport and use the gun legally? I think that should be changed.

In some ways, Illinois is as bad as NJ with regards to gun laws, and over the top peddling of fear and paranoia by the anti gunner's.

But it would be nice to see NJ gun owners follow in IL gun owners footsteps.

http://daysofourtrai...igold-2011.html

igold_march_header6.jpg

ISRA is proud to sponsor

IGOLD 2011

Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prairie Capitol Convention Center

corner of 8th St & Adams

Springfield, IL

Mark your calendars and reserve the day off now!!

All Illinois gun owners are invited to join in Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD) in Springfield in 2011. This is the very important event where gun owners individually lobby their representatives in the Illinois House and Senate.

Ride easy! A fleet of charter buses will be arriving in Springfield from all corners of the state ­­- Online reservations available beginning Jan. 18, 2011.

Maybe one day I guess.

NJ2AS is in the early planning stages of a lobby day. We have not set a date yet, but we have been talking to legislators (the ones friendly to our cause) about how to best do it and have been given some solid guidance. Frank and I have made a couple trips to the State House already and are getting familiar with how things work there. After visiting the State House, it's clear to me that having an organized mass "lobby day" is a very effective tool. It's hard to explain, but the State House is a very different environment than a legislator's local office. More can be accomplished there in less time.

This is the one that got me interested in the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqR6d0qJOMA

That brings up an initeresting question. What do you do to try having laws changed?

I know that many here feel that it's hopeless because we're in NJ. However, legal things come up here often that are worth pursuing to change if you can present a rational, logical argument.

I'm thinking about a recent post titled "spousal guns". It was a great subject. There were some great follow ups to the question to define and clarify the law. My thought was that this should be changed. If you can be in a house with that gun when your spouse is not in that house, then why can't you legally transport and use the gun legally? I think that should be changed.

This was discussed on an NJCSD thread some time ago. Here are my thoughts:

Link

I have to admit that is actually an interesting question... I know of people that have been forced by divorce court judges to sell their firearms in order to split the value of them with their former spouse in divorce settlements because they considered them "marital assets"... I would love to see the look on the face of a judge when citing divorce court case histories proving the law recognizes them (firearms) as marital assets and are thus co-owned by the husband and wife... Bet you'd be able to hear a pin drop after that opening argument... confused.gif

Yes this is the kind of **** I think about in my free time... My mind is indeed a very scary place. doh.gif

• Like 1

Notice the big banner at the front of the march in the picture -- the one that says "Illinois State Rifle Association"? Well, where is the ANJRPC? If anyone is going to organize a rally it ought to be them -- they have the organization, members, resources and credibility. The Brian Aitken rally never happened but I got the sense it would have been well attended. Seems to me the ANJRPC ought to be able to set something up that would draw at least a few hundred people.

Guest schutzen-jager

nj already had one in 1989 at state house steps to protest assualt rifle ban - nobody listened + media under reported attendance by 90% -

nj already had one in 1989 at state house steps to protest assualt rifle ban - nobody listened + media under reported attendance by 90% -

should of let me know, I was 6 years old I would of joined in with ya.