kwadz

New Gun Store/FFL in Merchantville (Cherry Hill area), South Jersey!!

I just wanted to throw a bone out to the newest (and only) gun shop in my little home town: Rayco Armory, 177 South Center Street, Merchantville, NJ 08109, (856)663-1300 - behind the former location of Nando's Pizzeria.

My wife, daughter, and I stopped in a few days ago and met Ray and Ernie. Both of them were very warm and friendly and did not have any "gun counter attitude". I definitely plan on making all of my future purchases through them. They offer reasonable FFL transfers, gun sales/orders, ammo, accessories - all of the stuff you would expect from a small and local gun shop. But best of all - none of it comes with any attitude and they are more than friendly to strike up a conversation and let you hang out there and talk guns, politics, etc. for a while. Those of you who live in areas that have gun shops may not understand my excitement, but when the closest place (other than Dick's) is 25-30 minutes away and this guy is literally within walking distance, this is huge!

Having been raised in Merchantville when I was a wee tike (I have fond memories of Philly Fruit and Meats and Aunt Charlotte's), and unsuccesfully trying to move there last year, I am excited to see this shop open. I live in CH so it may become my local shop realy quick. I am going to try to stop there this week.

When I stopped in on Friday most of his shelves were empty, but he did say they're building stock. The problem is that as he gets stuff in, it's selling so fast that he can't even keep anything on the shelves right now. He literally just opened up, so he'll probably have much more inventory within the month, if anything can stick around long enough to get under the counter. We would have stayed longer and checked it out more, but my 10-mo-old daughter was cranky, tired, and hungry so it was really just a "hi, great to see you're here and good luck" type of visit.

alowerlevel, I'm only a few blocks away, too - send me a msg and maybe we'll meet up there some day.

I have dealt with him once, when he was in the process of moving from his old location. He is SUPER helpful and courteous-- he will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied. His selection was scarce at the time due to the move, but I will be sure to check out the new location.

Recommended.

I ordered a Ruger Sr9C from Gary at Rayco. He gave me a very fair price. I picked it up today and I already feel like these guys are family. Most gun shops in the area, you get looked down on like they are sitting up on there high horse. Stock is still a little low but they can order anything you want. I found my gun shop.

• Like 1

A friend went in and talked to Gary over the weekend. (Same last name as Ray, so I'm assuming Gary is Ray's brother). He said Gary was extremely enthusiastic and friendly and told him he could have anything ordered and delivered in 2 days. I seriously can't wait until I save up enough to buy another because now I know who I'll buy from!

Ray and Gary are great guys. I just ordered three 10/22's from them and as stated above, they are VERY fair with pricing and great guys to deal with. I hope they stick around, I know I'll sure be helping them as much as I can with my monthly democrat contribution.... LOL