JimmyAGR

Any 600 yard+ ranges

Well thanks for rubbing it in. You people in the free world just love to make us prisoners feel small :).

Not really. See, I don't know of many places like that. In this case, we are shooting off his property over somebody else's property to the targets. So, obviously it is sensative and it is also just dumb luck I'm there. I don't shoot that far routinely so I haven't looked for that sort of thing.

Its a deal. Lets plan a trip in the Spring when we can see the ground again. Im going to mail in my application to Mifflin and my $50 check this week to get that processed. Until it gets warmer out I will be handloading, dry firing, and reviewing the online instructional videos from the Hide. And maybe Penn State is not such a great idea for a lay over. I don't know about you guys but I will be tempted to visit some of my favorite watering holes on the strip. Hangovers and long range tactical shooting are not a great combination if we drive up Fri night and shoot on Saturday. Now if we shoot on Saturday and stay over on Saturday night then thats a different story :D

I printed out my application last night, it will be in the mail tomorrow. Hell we can always go up on Friday and stay until Sunday. No one says we have to leave right after shooting... :icon_twisted: What are your favorite bars on the strip? I have fond memories of the Phyrst, at least i think I do, LOL.

Nothing that resembles any type of strip club in Happy Valley but after midnight on a weekend night the PSU co-eds have been known to get a little saucy and dance on the tables in the bars.

Ill be wanting to visit something with the word "strip" in it! Im in!

I worked at Cafe 210 as a line cook/bouncer when I was there as a student so that place has great memories for me. Nothing like sitting at the outdoor cafe on a warm spring day, and having some of their famous nachos with an ice cold adult beverage. The Rathskeller is a legendary place where I always had fun too. The Phyrst is a classic joint too and I love it when they have their live music going. Some of the other places I enjoyed have changed themes and atmosphere since I was living there so its kind of strange to re-visit them.

I printed out my application last night, it will be in the mail tomorrow. Hell we can always go up on Friday and stay until Sunday. No one says we have to leave right after shooting... :icon_twisted: What are your favorite bars on the strip? I have fond memories of the Phyrst, at least i think I do, LOL.

The Bridgeville, DE range is 600 yards, and since it is around 3.5 hours from Union County it's probably a lot closer for many of you guys. This range is well-known for their 600 yd benchrest matches, but their calendar is full of events. Some of their website pages are out of date, but the calendar page is up to date:

Bridgeville R&PC Calendar

Unfortunately, their website sucks, but I know they are still in action...

I worked at Cafe 210 as a line cook/bouncer when I was there as a student so that place has great memories for me. Nothing like sitting at the outdoor cafe on a warm spring day, and having some of their famous nachos with an ice cold adult beverage. The Rathskeller is a legendary place where I always had fun too. The Phyrst is a classic joint too and I love it when they have their live music going. Some of the other places I enjoyed have changed themes and atmosphere since I was living there so its kind of strange to re-visit them.

My son was a bouncer there also for a couple of years, nice place when the weather is good. A lot of scenery walks by. He also did music trivia there and a few other bars on the strip. He graduated 3 years ago. He still goes back a lot as one of his friends is a professor now, and he recruits for his company there. Nothing like driving up and the first thing you see on campus in the football stadium.... "We are PENN STATE" :)

I got mine too Jimmy. Let me know when you are headed up and maybe we can coordinate something.

I just received my Mifflin County Sportsman membership. Just need some warmer weather and I will be taking a trip out there and try some distance shooting. Should make for some fun weekends.

Damn Shane! That S&B was a great scope. Damn. Get the Premier. You will love it.

Im behind the curve...again :( AND Im scopeless at the moment. The S&B went bye bye altogether. The replacement contenders are a Hensholdt 4X16 and a premier 5X25...

Another Premier member. Nice! I would like to see your 5x25 compared to the 3-15 that I have. What reticle did you get?

I got some 338 Lapua reloading components if you reload. Let me know.

Well I settled on a scope today. I wanted the Hensholdt so badly but... the reticles held me off so I went with the Premier 5X25. I should have it next week. Now if I could only afford ammo! :banghead:

I dont reload for rifles YET. I went with the Gen2 XR MTC Mil/Mil FFP. I had the XL in my S&B but wanted the XR. Probably the biggest reason I went Premiere over Henny. I just cant warm up to that NH1 ret! It bugs me it doesnt intersect.

How ya liking the trigger on your DTA? I have to admit REALLY wrestling with mine. I gave up on trying to get it set two stage style. I wrestled and wrestled with it and I have it set fairly good now as single stage with a little take up so I know where the break is going to be.

Yeah yeah I know. But im not sure im in a great hurry to start reloading at the level of 90 grains of powder per round as my first rifle caliber to reload :D

Well you would only have to worry about the first one. If it works great, if not someone inherits a hell of a weapon and scope collection :icon_lol: .

I really like the trigger on my DTA SRS. I have not messed with tuning it at all since I got it in a trade a couple months ago. Never bothered to ask if the original owner tuned it himself but I figured if it works for me then why mess with it. Didnt even know you could set it up for two stage. Last month I got the 338 lapua conversion kit but have not taken her for a spin yet. Once the weather breaks I will see how it shoots.

Good luck with the new Premier. I love mine.

I dont reload for rifles YET. I went with the Gen2 XR MTC Mil/Mil FFP. I had the XL in my S&B but wanted the XR. Probably the biggest reason I went Premiere over Henny. I just cant warm up to that NH1 ret! It bugs me it doesnt intersect.

How ya liking the trigger on your DTA? I have to admit REALLY wrestling with mine. I gave up on trying to get it set two stage style. I wrestled and wrestled with it and I have it set fairly good now as single stage with a little take up so I know where the break is going to be.

The problem I had with it set up 2 stage style was that the break was like pushing a book off a desk. What that did was make it very hard for me to judge when the shot was going to actually break. Some really like that "suprise" break. I dont. So now with it set up as a single stage I can much better tell when its going to go. Got any buddies looking for one? I may actually let mine go because I have a potential opportunity coming up for a rediculasly well optioned AI from a buddy cutting loose with an inventory that would make a high end gunshop jealous.

Have you contacted DTA and hear what they have to say about the trigger? Just curious. Maybe they could modify it to your liking. I will ask around if anyone is interested in a SRS and let your know if I get any bites.

The problem I had with it set up 2 stage style was that the break was like pushing a book off a desk. What that did was make it very hard for me to judge when the shot was going to actually break. Some really like that "suprise" break. I dont. So now with it set up as a single stage I can much better tell when its going to go. Got any buddies looking for one? I may actually let mine go because I have a potential opportunity coming up for a rediculasly well optioned AI from a buddy cutting loose with an inventory that would make a high end gunshop jealous.

Hey Guys, was looking at the Mifflin calendar, April is pretty well booked with matches that close the range, except Easter weekend. I was thinking of going the weekend of may 14th if you are interested. Head up on Friday after work then shoot all day Saturday. There are a couple of Motels right by the range.