Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Wylde Chamber .223

I need feed back from anybody that has a Wylde chamber in their rifle.

#1 Do you shoot 5.56 NATO and how does it shoot.

#2 How is the accuracy? Better, noticably, than a 5.56 chamber.

I've done all the reading. I just want to hear it from you guys.

I'm buying an assembled upper and the Wylde chamber is only available in RRA. So it's $100 more than a DPMS which I've been buying and if I match a RRA lower the complete rifle will cost me an additional $200.

Need your input!!!

Frank:

My RRA Varmint (16") with a Wylde chamber will shoot sub-MOA groups all day. That is with Federal GMM. There is not much, whether designated .223 or 5.56 that betters GMM. I've got no complaints.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

hey frank, lately ive been shopping midway like mad too!!! mostly for reloading supplies. it seems just when im done with an order i think of something else that would be nice to have! as for the wilde chambers i don't have much experience with them. all my ar's are 556 and in terms of accuracy i shoot mostly close range to 50 yards. furthest i have shot was 100 yards and the accuracy was good enough for me (i wasnt going for bullseye at the time, just center of mass shots)

I have one in my RRA Predator Pursuit but i've only shot plain-jane 223 through it. In fact, i've shot cheap a** PMC and its very accurate with it. RRA claims 3/4" groups at 100 and i believe it. I may not be able to do my part to reproduce that every time, but its certainly capable.

I just pulled the trigger on a DPMS factory upper 24" Stainless Steel Bull Barrel. Piccatiny on the gas block w/ a free floating handguard. Essentially the same rifle I sold except with a rifle length free floating forend and 20" SS barrel.

Oh BTW it's a standard .223 chamber. I'm shopping glass now but if it doesn't shoot 1/2-3/4 inch @ 100yds I'll be dissapointed. I won't have it until the end of the month but will post groups if I'm proud of it. I you don't see posts you'll never hear about this rifle again until it goes up for sale... :icon_e_biggrin: