Sign in to follow this  
GAPP

Intermediate Pistol in the rain

Ive trained in the rain many times... its never really bothered me (quite honestly, I like having the range to myself) but I make it a habit not to teach beginning or novice shooers in the rain... you never know how someone will react to being cold and wet. I taught a pistol class today and thankfully had some decent students. We got dumped on most of the morning and they never complained, got grumpy, or were unsafe... I just hope they cleaned their guns really well when they got home.

• Like 1

Ive trained in the rain many times... its never really bothered me (quite honestly, I like having the range to myself) but I make it a habit not to teach beginning or novice shooers in the rain... you never know how someone will react to being cold and wet. I taught a pistol class today and thankfully had some decent students. We got dumped on most of the morning and they never complained, got grumpy, or were unsafe... I just hope they cleaned their guns really well when they got home.

Hey Cameron,

I was in that class today and I really enjoyed it, rain and all. I learned a lot, too. Thanks.

My only problem was the 1 1/2 hour drive home in wet pants.

And yes, I did clean my gun very well. And that's not a euphemism!

• Like 1

maybe we should have shot outside today? i just hate the buzzer, lol.

I know you hate the buzzer :icon_lol: I think you should try to start off by slowing down and taking your time, you should be golden. I was REALLY impressed by those shots you put on target at the end when you weren't buzzed in, you are a GREAT shot. Calm those nerves.

Hey Cameron,

I was in that class today and I really enjoyed it, rain and all. I learned a lot, too. Thanks.

My only problem was the 1 1/2 hour drive home in wet pants.

And yes, I did clean my gun very well. And that's not a euphemism!

Norris, glad you enjoyed it... despite the weather, I had fun too. From the instructor side of things, the caliber of student makes a class great or miserable... you guys were fun to teach. Hope to see you again.

• Like 1

I always have a rain poncho in the truck for emergencys... and normally have a spare set of clothes in the back seat so I can avoid those long, cold rides home. Sunday I was wearing my rain jacket... it didnt help much.

I always have a rain poncho in the truck for emergencys... and normally have a spare set of clothes in the back seat so I can avoid those long, cold rides home. Sunday I was wearing my rain jacket... it didnt help much.

Are there any tactical poncho's? I mean, you know for like shooting. I've seen other members use garbage bags and rain jackets, but poncho's are cool!