Sign in to follow this  
savageshooter

Remington refund for 9mm mega packs

Just a heads-up regarding the issues some shooters were having with the bad 9mm rounds from the Remington Mega packs, the forum posts are here: Bad 9mm rounds

I sent Remington 4 of the bad rounds a few weeks ago, and received a check from them today for $30.00. They sent me a letter stating that "The bullets may have telescoped into the shell due to no crimp from the loading machine."

So, for anyone else having issues with bullets pushed too far into the case, I would suggest contacting them by phone first. They'll send a mailing label for the bad rounds, and you should receive some sort of reimbursement from them. $30 was fine for me, being that I shot the whole pack outside of the 4 bad rounds I found.

Did they publish the affected lot numbers? I have a few 250 packs but I bought them almost 2 years ago.

Not that I know of. They asked me to send the UCP from the box. The bad rounds are easy to spot as they're smaller. You can scan the rounds in the tray and you should see them. I noticed them when I was at the range loading a mag.

Not that I know of. They asked me to send the UCP from the box. The bad rounds are easy to spot as they're smaller. You can scan the rounds in the tray and you should see them. I noticed them when I was at the range loading a mag.

They be the ones sitting lower in the tray than the rest? Arghhhhh? *pirate voice*

I posted this up about 2 months ago, contacted Remington, never received the envelope. Honestly, $30 probably wouldn't cover it for me as my gun jammed due to this, and I have 38 bad rounds out of 150.

Was it the SR9? just curious as I've used UMC in her without a hicup.

Was it the SR9? just curious as I've used UMC in her without a hicup.

Remember that UMC round that jammed up the gun? Well when I got home, I went through the entire box and was able to push 38 projectiles into the casing with just my hand.

Remember that UMC round that jammed up the gun? Well when I got home, I went through the entire box and was able to push 38 projectiles into the casing with just my hand.

Oh yeah, and I was like don't buy this piece of crap! It won't even feed brass ammo!