chris327

Intro to mosin

So I know nothing about c&r rifle or mosins can someone give me a basic idea behind the different mosins? Im looking to get one since they are so cheap but don't know where to start. Hex or round 91/30 or something else. No clue of the differences. then there's m this and that. Where do I start with a cheap decent mosin?

There's a theory that the Hex receivers are of slightly better quality than round receivers. I believe it had something to do with pre and during WWII production in the quality difference.

After that little blurb, I'll point you to the Mosin Nagant website. Those guys really know their Mosin facts.

For accuracy go with a Finnish m39. Almost all will shoot sub moa easily For a plinker go with a standard 91/30. I prefer pre war but it is all personal preference. The biggest thing is to be picky about bore condition. All of the mosins I have, a ton, will shoot 1" groups at 100yds. It is just a matter of being picky and finding a good one. Go to 7.62x54r.net for a good resource.

Its just like normal cleaning, except its with goopy cosmo stuff instead of powder residue. Kerosene or *GASP* WD-40 cuts it very nicely

When I got my yugo SKS it was so packed that the bolt would close in slow-motion. Its not a light bolt, either! Patience is all it takes, one piece at a time. A mosin will be easier.

K. Well nobody has one laying around they don't want anymore do they? Cleaned or not.

take a ride to dunklebergers there on sale for 88 bucks for a 91/30 and there realy nice

or heres a shooter Chinese mosin t53 /m44

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21647-wttwts-1955-chinese-mosin-t53-m44-17500/