aguilar64

Nice read / NRA to Obama

This is a joke and not ment as anything else:

Doctors:

- The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. (and they cause millions more with known-to-be-fatal prescription drugs and unnecessary surgeries.)

- Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.)

Guns:

- The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 000188.

(Statistics courtesy of F.B.I.)

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat immediatley. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Note: Out of concern for the public at large, the statistics on lawyers have been withheld for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

Harry

When you're constantly adversarial, all the people on the fence think you are extreme. In this case the people on the fence are the people that need to be educated about firearms. The NRA just preaches to the choir while alienating the majority of non-gun owners with their rhetoric. The president wants to dialog about guns and the NRA doesn't want to talk about guns; they want to talk about media coverage of criminal activity and moving prosecution of 10 cases per month per state to the federal courts. The NRA needs to focus on their area: firearms.

I think the NRA needs to initiate a gun awareness PR campaign to make firearms more mainstream and less scary to people. Their rhetoric reinforces people that think the NRA are gun nuts. I see this as some of my friends are anti-gun and they point to NRA as gun nuts. The NRA needs better spinning to get their point across while at the same time using common sense. A more faster and more accurate NICS would seem to benefit everyone.

I think the NRA needs to initiate a gun awareness PR campaign to make firearms more mainstream and less scary to people. Their rhetoric reinforces people that think the NRA are gun nuts. I see this as some of my friends are anti-gun and they point to NRA as gun nuts. The NRA needs better spinning to get their point across while at the same time using common sense. A more faster and more accurate NICS would seem to benefit everyone.

I think this would be good, I have spoken to many people over the years that had a bad view on guns, some of them I was able to educate some of them and to put it in a but shell, Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Some people as you know can't be reached, but I do agree, if they were more main stream and people learned that even if they don't want to own one them selves fine, but it is a right not a privilege and do any of want our rights taken away no matter what they are.

Harry