Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Remington 870 Wingmaster

I'm curious as to what this Wingmaster might be worth. Dates to about 1976, 20 inch slug barrel on it.

I'm thinking about selling it...I really have no use for it since it's got a scope and a rifled slug barrel on it. My mossberg 9200 is my rifled slug gun.

It's in pretty good shape but I suspect it'll sit for 20 more years before it sees another shot.

wingmaster870.jpg

Question... is that slug barrel rifled or smooth bore? Two different beast entirely. If that is smooth bore, it is worth less then if rifled. BUT... that is how a deer hunter would look at it. If it as a smooth bore with cylinder, well that is about the slickest home defense shotgun ever made. Very high quality and if you like the Wingmasters, an action like glass. I would say $350+... $400 if rifled.

Put that up on NJHUNTER.com and it is gone in five days. If it is a smoothbore, post it here. That is the perfect zombie killing shotgun.

Mark, if you sell it please contact me? I'd problably sell the barrel and scope and build a nice closet pump.

I'm leaning towards selling it just because I'd like to see someone use it as I don't imagine I'll be deer hunting again any time soon.

I'll think about it tomorrow.