theRU

Berreta 92

What are the differences in the models? At first I thought the only difference was one made in italy, one in america and the thirds was the INOX ss version. But i see on guns at cost that they have several different model number designations and I cant tell the difference.

Thanks in advance

J92F300

JS92F300M

J92M9AOM

J92M9AO

JS92M9A1M

I can't remember the exact differences, but go to the website and look at the pics and specs closely. There are railed versions, some with removable sights, rounded trigger guard or squared trigger guard, I think different mag capacities, and stainless (INOX). I've read that there isn't any difference in American made vs. Italian made.

I have the INOX version and it's a sweet gun.

There is a Beretta M9, which is closer to the firearm issued to the military. It has a different dust cover and doesn't have the stupid warning. The 92FS is the civilian version. The M9 comes in a cardboard box instead of the nice plastic Beretta case a 92 has. There are other 92 versions too. One is a decocker only (i.e. like Sig has) instead of a safety/decocker. The 92D is double action only. Your best best is to go to the Beretta Forums. They have an FAQ with a comprehensive list of all models.

I have the Beretta Steel I. It is the steel framed, single action target version of the Beretta 92. It has the Vertec grip and frame mounted thumb safety, and a sweet trigger. I have never had a ftf with it, and I am far less than meticulous about cleaning my gun.