Duppie

Sig Sauer p250 compact 9mm.

It's far from a "starter" gun. The P250 is a triumph of engineering. One fire-control unit that can be used with a variety of calibers, in multiple grip frames of various sizes.

They have been much disparaged on the gun boards for the long trigger. I have a feeling that the bulk of this criticism comes from the younger generation of shooters that cut their shooting eye-teeth on semi-autos, and to whom a revolver seems like an alien tool. To the old-time wheelgunners, the trigger is a joy. DA only 5.5#-6#, very smooth and no stacking.

The gun is amazingly accurate (I saw the owner of a range in NH do better with the P250 than with an X-5 level one). It's really what you get used to. Even if you don't make use of the modularity, the easy, complete breakdown of this gun (about 30 seconds) makes it a snap to clean. You have a relatively light, small gun, with 15+1 capacity (9mm) and a smooth, light (albeit long) trigger. What's not to like?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

As a new shooter I do see the big difference in trigger pull from my other handgun to my Sig 250. Still have thoughts of selling it but just can make myself do it because it's such a well made gun and feels good in my hand. Plus the night sights are a major plus. But now the bad. What drew me to this model was the fact that this was going to change the way people buy guns. Quick few easy steps and you got a new new caliber for whatever mood you are in. WRONG!!!! The cost to turn this gun to a different caliber is like buying a new gun all together. Seriously the cheapest caliber change I found was 330 plus the cost of mags which could bring it to 400. And from my searching they don't even make a 2tone caliber change kit which is another Sig screw up. All in all it's a great gun but the modular part is a waste in my opinion.

If you do want to purchase this gun, i found it on gun broker for $350

Thanks but I already have and really like it, got it 2 months ago for about $335.00 and 2 extra mags for $32.00 each.